Question

Honor Student
Riley37
Message 1 of 3 (129 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500 all-in-one printer - issues after upgrading to Windows 8.1

After successfully downloading a driver from the HP website to enable using this all-in-one printer with a new HP laptop using a Windows 8.1 OS, I confirmed that the printing function works normally (just as it did with a Windows XP OS on my wireless home network).

However, I don't find any icons appearing on the 8.1 desktop for other HP apps (e.g. HP Solution Center, HP Photo Creations). I do have an icon for the Printer. When opened, it shows two options: 1) add a new printer and 2) add new software (from the original CD). But the original CD is for the XP OS, which I don't try and possibly mess up what already is working.

So-o-o, Is there any HP software download available for HP apps to use with this printer, especially HP Solutions Center?

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 2 of 3 (102 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 all-in-one printer - issues after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Hi Riley.

You can get HP Photo Creations here:

www.hp.com/go/hppc

It's a free download for Mac and Windows.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Honor Student
Riley37
Message 3 of 3 (71 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500 all-in-one printer - issues after upgrading to Windows 8.1

I appeciate your feedback on getting "HP Photo Creations" software.

Do you (or anyone else ) have any clues on getting "HP Solution Center" softeare, which is my primary goal.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation