Question

Top Student
Lenny133
Message 1 of 10 (2,402 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500

Hi,
I have a problem with the scan to email function on the Officejet Pro 8500 A909g.
I can configure the scan to email wizard and receive a conformation email that the setting is correct and working. However when I try to do a scan to email on the printer it comes up with an error message that the server is not responding, try again later.
I’ve looked at the other problems people have had, checked gateways etc opened up router ports but sill unable to get to work.
Any ideas?

Len
Honor Student
Mtnman
Message 2 of 10 (2,331 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8500

Lenny I cant even get the OPTION to scan to email on the Solution CENTER!
Top Student
Lenny133
Message 3 of 10 (2,261 Views)

I think this has got to be a fault with the printer or its firmware.

If I scan and send to email then no problem. But the scan to emale just fails everytime.

The big difference between the two is the time on processing. Almost if the scan to email button is causing the scan to be sent before its read. When on scan and then send to email there is quite a delay between scanning and then sending.

Anyone else found this?

HP is there a know problem? 

Len

Honor Student
jravndal
Message 4 of 10 (2,112 Views)

Just unpacked and installed my brand new HP Officejet Pro 8500 today, and I'm experince exactly the same problem as you. The e-mail setup confirmation is sent, but as soon I'm trying to scan and send it does not work.

Intern
lowbar
Message 5 of 10 (2,078 Views)

Guys, check out this thread.  I think Wi-Fi-guy has some configuration information that might help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/HP-8500-Scan-to-Email-setup-cant-connect...

Student
jheinz
Message 6 of 10 (1,432 Views)

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500 with ADF problems.   The ADF will not pick up any paper.  It gives a message that says, Reload document, and then restart job.

It does this with any number of pages in the ADF even one.  I have downloaded the latest software and followed all of the troubleshooting steps in the manual.  

Top Student
Michael90501
Message 7 of 10 (323 Views)

I have an Officejet 8500 A909a installed on a Windows XP (Pro SP3 32bit) Laptop. The printer is connected via USB and is shared for network access.

The issue is with another computer running Windows 7 (Pro 64bit) that cannot print to the networked 8500 physically attached to the XP machine.

The Windows 7 machine is able to setup the device, and has no problems "seeing" the network printer, but printing (Test page, etc) does not work.

Steps taken so far.

1) Uninstalled old HP 8500 software on XP machine.

2) Downloaded (from HP site) new, updated installation software.

3) Re-installed new HP 8500 software on XP machine.

4) Shared printer for network access.

5) Installed printer device in Windows 7 machine. Printer status says "Ready" on Windows 7 machine.

6) Tried printing test page but nothing printed (no messages)

7) Download HP diagnostics (print and scan) tool

8) Ran diagnostics on Windows 7 machine. No issues reported. 

I have other machines on the network that are able to print to the networked 8500 printer just fine. It's only the Windows 7 machine that cannot print.

Help. Am I trying to solve an unsolvable issue?  I can't believe there is not a way to get the Windows 7 machine to work with the networked 8500, difficult and trying maybe, but not workable?

Hopefully this can be resolved.

thank you for any assistance you may offer.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 10 (315 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500

Are any of the other computers running a 64-bit system?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
Michael90501
Message 9 of 10 (314 Views)

No other 64bit computers but the one I mentioned.

Network machines:

#1: XP SP3 32bit (8500 installed here, and shared)

#2: Win-7 64bit (Can see installed device in Printers/Faxes control panel, but cannot print)

#3: XP SP3 32bit (Can print to network printer)

#4: XP SP3 32bit (Can print to network printer)

#5: XP SP3 32bit (Can print to network printer)

All machines are up-to-date with windows patches, including the Win-7 machine.

thank you for any help...

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 10 of 10 (313 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8500

It may be that the driver is having some sort of conflict between the driver on the 64 bit system on the one on the 32 bit system. Try using an alternate print driver. Let me know what happens.

How to Assign Alternate Print Drivers in Different Versions of Windows:
http://goo.gl/zCk2r
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation