Question

Student
canaquestion
Message 1 of 3 (1,482 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 eco on/off power settings not working

Brand new all-in one is generally working well. I used wireless setup and confirmed that the newest update is installed. However, I have two "eco" settings enabled for powering Off at night and On in the morning. Sometimes it powers off & on as expected but sometimes not. When it does not power off at night, I cannot manually shut it down with the power button and have had to pull the plug, wait & plug in again to reset everything. When I discover in the morning that it has not automatically powered off, I always find that the printer is offline as well - no longer connected to my wifi router. Otherwise my wifi network is up & running.

Cannot figure out what is sometimes stopping the eco settings from working. Any help would be much appreciated.

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 3 (1,471 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 eco on/off power settings not working

Hey there,

My suggestion would be to remove power cord for about 2 minutes, and reconnect it directly to the wall. Turn the printer back on and see if the eco settings are still enabled. If everything looks good I would see if the issue reoccurs.

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Student
Bookstore_Bill
Message 3 of 3 (1,339 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 eco on/off power settings not working

Unplugging the printer fixed my related problem.  The printer would not connect to the computer and would not turn off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation