Question
HP Officejet Pro 8600 software issues
Replies (20)

Top Student
rrambert
Message 11 of 21 (1,593 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 software issues

Thank you for assistance. Merry Xmas to you and your family.
Top Student
rrambert
Message 12 of 21 (1,566 Views)

Shane, I exchanged my printer for another and I'm still having the same problem with the incoming fax emailing the document in landscape format.  I noticed the new firmware is dated Oct 2012.  Could that be the problem?  

Also, how do I go about expanding the telephone number digits.  I'm unable to list my calling card number along with the number which is 34 digits and the printer only allows for 30 digits.  The 8500 Pro allowed for 40 digits.

Please advise.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 13 of 21 (1,555 Views)

There may not be anything you can do about the faxes saving in landscape. It sounds like it's a problem with the way the faxes are being in coded by the sending fax machine, or it's a problem with how that code is interpreted. Either way, nothing that you or I can do to fix it at the moment. As for the digit limit being to short. I was able to enter 55 characters with no spaces on the front of my 8600. I think the character limit is the same via the printer's EWS. Where are you trying to enter the numbers that you are running into a character limit?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
rrambert
Message 14 of 21 (1,551 Views)

Can you bring this issue "Faxed email documents are forwarded and saved in the landscape mode" to someone's attention.  I had no problem with my 8500 Pro Wireless and I upgraded to the 8600 Premium for the double tray and I thought I was getting the same machine with some added benefits.  I'm a little disappointed.

Regarding the calling card info.  My 8500 was able to see all my contacts on the computer which had my Calling card, PIN and number dailed in the work/fax line.  The 8600 only pick up those contacts in which the phone character string is less than 30 and does not post the others for me to send a fax.  I have been able to do a work-a-round by adding those contacts to SPEED DAIL, but I had to retype all that information into the machine.

I really thought I was getting a better machine by getting the top-of-the-line printer.  I'm hoping the next firmware update may be able to solve both problems.

Please notify someone of these two issues with this machine in hopes of getting it corrected.  I have always been an HP fan and now I'm a little sour especially after exchanging the machine for a new machine to have the same problem.

Thanks.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 15 of 21 (1,544 Views)

I'll do my best to push this up to the engineers for you. These are a couple of strange quirks that need to be ironed out. Sorry I couldn't do more.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
rrambert
Message 16 of 21 (1,524 Views)

Shane, Is there away to reinstall the old firmware? That way I would be able to see if the problems I'm having existed prior to the Oct update.

Thanks Travis
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 17 of 21 (1,489 Views)

No. Once a firmware update has been installed, there is no way to roll back to an older version. Sorry.
Signature
Honor Student
Viv118
Message 18 of 21 (777 Views)

I'm having the same problem with our 8600 at work. I have to power it down and then back on each day to get it to connect and print. I now have the same printer at home. Its been working but just this weekend it wouldnt print. I powered it down but that didnt work. It told me that my IP address was incorrect and needed updating. That was not the case. I dont know what else to do. The printer will not print. I sure hope HP will help us with these issues. Until now I wouldnt purchase anything but an HP Printer. So far the 3rd 8600 printer also at work has been working fine. It is connected to a computer with Windows 8. The other 2 computers are loaded with Windows 7.

Student
Cabaretecanuck
Message 19 of 21 (664 Views)

I am losing connectivity to my printer constantly, almost daily.  I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 (CM749A) networked through a Linksys E1000 to 4 laptop computers (i3 and i5) all working with Win7-64.  I have reinstalled drivers and checked for firmware updates (using CLP1CN1322CR).  I have also run Print and Scan Doctor without success. 

I configure the printer to run wireless on our network, and when it works, it is a great printer, but I lose connection too regularly.  The printer says it is still on the network, but I can't print and HPPSDr agrees it isn't connected.  Often, but not always, when the printer won't connect, if I try to turn it off, it will not turn off and I have to unplug the machine.  When it will turn off, the machine resets when turned back on, and works fine again - for awhile.

I'm assuming this is a software issue which is why I've chosen this area of the forum.  Any help possible will be greatly appreciated!!

Honor Student
Viv118
Message 20 of 21 (658 Views)

I have the 8600 printer also at home and at work. Both PCs are running Win7-64 also. I have to "restart" each printer EVERY day in order to print. So far my on/off button works...but its a pain!! I dont understand why HP has not addressed this issue with an update. At work we also have the 8600 printer on a PC running Win9 and it prints just fine everytime. HP must not monitor the forums? Otherwise, like you said, it is a very good printer, which has been my experience with HP for years! Good luck with your issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation