05-01-2013 03:24 PM
What happens when you try to open the HP Printer Assistant software for the HP Officejet Pro 8600 on your Windows 8 PC?
Do you get any errors or does it simply do nothing?
How is the printer connected to this PC?
How did you install the program? (from a CD or a download)
I need a little more information to be able to best assist with your issue.
05-22-2013 06:47 AM
I am having this same problem. The HP8600 is connected via a wireless connection. The print function works but when I click on the HP8600 desktop Icon it will not open to allow use of the scan features etc.
05-22-2013 06:13 PM
Do you get an error when you try to open the HP Printer Assistant software?
Does it do nothing?
Does it open a notepad with some crazy looking text in it?
There are a few things that could be wrong and want to make sure I have the full picture of the problem at hand.
- What is the Operating System of the PC connected to the Officejet Pro 8600?
- Did you install from a CD or a download?
- Have you recently upgraded your Operating System, such as Windows 7 to Windows 8?
04-23-2014 02:41 PM
when I go to scan on my oficejet 8600 wireless....every time I hit the icon link...it wants me to install the driver again.. The printer works fine. I ran the sortware to fix it and it scanned fine....only messes up when I use the shortcut....windows 8....
04-24-2014 07:24 AM - edited 05-11-2014 09:05 PM
HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer – N911a
HP officejet pro full feature software and driver for Windows 8
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS