11-01-2011 01:38 PM
Windows Vista 32.
my printer all of a sudden gives me problems. Although I exchanged the black cartridge, it prints in Black only with a wavy/unclear printing pattern. When I print Colour, most of the writing is in yellow.
I tried to align the cartridges. The error message is "Alignment failed. Refer to device documentation for details". I do not have the documentation - in addition, I assume that more is available online.
How do I proceed? Would you have any idea why my printer is not doing its job properly?
Thank you for your help.
11-02-2011 10:54 AM
This document could have helpful information:
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
11-02-2011 05:12 PM
thank you for posting this document.
Unfortunately my problem persisted even after aligning the printer, cleaning the print heads, and calibrating the linefeed.
What should have been black or grey was mostly bright yellow (with some black and grey in it).
The printhead health was good for all 4 cartridges.
However, switching off the printer after all these changes and turning it back on did the job. The machine was busy for five minutes when it started up again and then printed correctly.
So your recommendations worked - thank you.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS