HP P2035N driver for Windows 7 x64 (144407 Views)
Tutor
GreggP
Message 1 of 8 (144,407 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP P2035N driver for Windows 7 x64

I have a home network with several machines running Windows 7 RTM (2 running x64 and 1 running x86 (32-bit)), Windows Vista and Windows XP. I connected an HP P2035n to the machine running Windows 7 32-bit. I made sure the printer was shared.

On one of the PCs running 64-bit Windows 7, I was able to use the Control Panel to add it to my list of printers and print to it. That was a couple days ago. Today, I tried printing to the p2035n, but it was not included in my list of printers. I thought this might be due to the other systems being in sleep mode, but other printers don't disappear when their host computer goes to sleep.

Anyhow, I ran the 'Add a printer' utility from Control Panel after waking up the host PC. I selected 'Add a network... printer', and the 'HP LaserJet P2035n on DELLPREM-PC appears on the list of available printers. I select it and pick 'Next' and a message says it is checking windows update, but then reports "No driver found." I pick 'OK' and then browse to the INF file located in the directory 'C:\HP_ljP2035_USB_Express_Install. This directory was created when i ran the driver exe as administrator in Vista compatibility mode.I selected the INF file and then picked OK. Windows responded with "Windows cannot locate a suitable printer driver. Contact your administrator for help locating and installing a suitable driver." The driver file downloaded from HP's website was 'ljP2035-xps-pnp-win64-en.exe'. This file also created a subdirectory named  'C:\HP_ljP2035_USB_Express_Install\English\x64'. There's a file named 'HP2030SM.exe' in this folder which I've also tried running as administrator under Vista compatibility mode. There is no INF file in the x64 directory.

So, I can no longer use the p2035 over the network on a machine running 64-bit Windows 7 RTM.

I don't know what's changed in the last few days. Like I said it installed fine and I was able to print to it a couple days ago. Nothing has changed on these systems.

Has anyone had any success with this?

Tutor
GreggP
Message 2 of 8 (143,858 Views)

Re: HP P2035N driver for Windows 7 x64

[ Edited ]

Since posting this message, I've tried a few other things. First, I tried connecting the printer directly to my home network. I ran a Cat6 ethernet cable from my router to the printer. I checked to make sure I could still print to it from my x86 (32-bit machines). I successfully printed to it from a desktop running Windows 7 RTM x86 (32-bit), which is also connected via a Cat6 ethernet cable to a gigabit switch. I was also successful printing to the HP P2035n from a laptop running Vista Ultimate x86 (32-bit). The laptop uses a wireless-N connection to the router's access point.

Again, I tried printing to it from a machine running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 (RTM) and it still doesn't work.

I discovered that HP doesn't have an official "Windows 7" driver for the P2035n, so maybe that's why I'm having trouble printing to it from a machine running 64-bit Windows 7. I noticed that the driver download section says the driver will be available when Windows 7 launches officially. That's today. I'll keep checking back.

Message Edited by GreggP on 10-22-2009 12:15 PM
Tutor
GreggP
Message 3 of 8 (143,661 Views)

Finally.  They've posted a Win7 64-bit driver for the p2035n. I've been checking almost every day since the official release of Windows 7 and I finally discovered it this morning.

And it works!

It's strange that the driver is dated 25-Aug-2008. I should of had this long before I even had the RC.

Tutor
GreggP
Message 4 of 8 (143,652 Views)

After installing the driver, I tested to see if it was working by printing a test page. That worked. It printed a single copy of the test page.

However, a little later I tried printing a single copy of the 1st page of a Word doc and it printed that same page over and over again. Non stop. At least until I opened the front panel and caused a paper jam.

Somebody else discovered this problem before me and posted this thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Software&message.id=6288

Honor Student
jdgabriel
Message 5 of 8 (143,281 Views)

Same issue here.  P2035 - Win 7 64 bit.  Just spoke with HP support and they had me use this driver instead.  It's a Vista 64 driver for an HP LJP2015.  They said that was the model the 2035 replaced and that this driver would work without issue. 

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

It did work.  Keep in mind. you may have to delete the old printer and TCP/IP Port, as well as power cycling the printer.

Tutor
EbuHyem
Message 6 of 8 (76,893 Views)

The model number HP LaserJet P2035N

Method 1: 
You may refer to the below links and use the troubleshooters. Check if it lists and helps resolve any issues: Open the Printer troubleshooter: 

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3662026&...

Method 2: 
You may check if you have the latest drivers installed for the device. You may refer to the below link for getting the latest drivers and check. 

Hp LaserJet P2035n Driver

Good Works..

Tutor
GreggP
Message 7 of 8 (76,821 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here's the latest info I have about fixing the problem of multiple copies:

I've learned that apparently when in RAW mode, the spooler sends infinite copies to the printer.

Here's the solution that worked for me:

1. open the devices and printers window
  2. right click on the 'HP Laserjet P2035n' icon
  3. select "printer properties" from the menu
  4. activate the ports tab
  5. select the port that is assigned to your HP P2035n and then click on the 'Configure Port' button
  6. change the port setting to LPR mode with LPR byte counting enabled (queue name can be any arbitrary value).
  7. click the OK button (twice for 2 dialogs) to accept these changes

That's it! Now it shouldn't print infinite copies.

Honor Student
MarioJB
Message 8 of 8 (52,906 Views)

Hello Everyone, I had this problem whereby even test pages would continuously print, but I located a compatible driver that prints just one test page:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

This is the full-package P2030 Series printer driver, which has the 2035n driver and installs the network printer vs. the 2035 driver that requires you go to the Windows driver listing. 

I will see how long this lasts, since I have heard some had luck that changed after an initial success.

Mario

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation