HP PSC 2410 Photosmart all-in-one, Windows-8, No Scan Optoins Error (Inability to scan to .pdf) (1071 Views)
Student
wlwoffo
Message 1 of 3 (1,071 Views)

HP PSC 2410 Photosmart all-in-one, Windows-8, No Scan Optoins Error (Inability to scan to .pdf)

We recently purchased a new computer with Windows 8 operating system.  When we hooked up our HP PSC 2410 Photosmart all-in-one unit to the computer, it did detect it and loaded the generic drivers.  Although we can print and scan via the Windows utilities, we've lost a lot of functionality with the loss of HP Solutions Center.  I can scan to JPG, PNG, BMP, and TIF, but I really need to be able to print pages to .pdf.

ERROR (on printer when Scan button is pushed): No Scan Options (title bar) followed by the following text "Scan options are not set.  Install or run device software on computer.  Press OK to continue."

TROUBLE-SHOOTING:  I've run the various diagnostic executables from the HP website and the only recommendation I get is to load HP Solution Center and HP Imaging Device, neither of which I can seem to locate on the HP site.  By the forum traffic I've seen, it looks like HP Solutions isn't compatible with Windows 8 and we'll need a work-around of some type.

REQUESTED FIX:  How can I scan multiple pages to a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) file?  If not possible, then how can I scan single pages to .pdf? 

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 3 (1,015 Views)

Re: HP PSC 2410 Photosmart all-in-one, Windows-8, No Scan Optoins Error (Inability to scan to .pdf)

Hello wlwoffo

There is currently no Full Feature Software for your printer under Windows 8 which is needed for scanning to PDF. The reason you receive the "No Scan Options" message is because Solution Center is not installed so the printer can't locate the scan options from the printer software.

However, third party software that offers scan to PDF and other feature should work with your printer. VueScan is one example, but feel free to look into other third party options. Third party scan softwares can work with many different scanners and offer more advanced features not found. VueScan has a trial you can install to see if it can scan with your printer.

VueScan

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
Earnald
Message 3 of 3 (679 Views)

Re: HP PSC 2410 Photosmart all-in-one, Windows-8, No Scan Optoins Error (Inability to scan to .pdf)

Is this still the case? In other words, HP is bailing on upgrading it's software and making us buy additional 3rd party software?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation