Question

Top Student
DavidKeller
Message 1 of 38 (12,859 Views)

HP PSC 2510 Photostmart drivers for WIndows 7

When we can expect Windows 7 HP driver for PSC 2510 Photosmart printer? MS driver only provides basic print functions. I was under impression that fully functional drivers would be available with Windows 7 launch.
Top Student
DrewC
Message 2 of 38 (12,812 Views)

Re: HP PSC 2510 Photostmart drivers for WIndows 7

I had the same question.  I need the full network driver.

Drew

Top Student
DavidKeller
Message 3 of 38 (12,726 Views)

Anybody from HP can comment on situation with WIndows 7 drivers for this printer?
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 38 (12,716 Views)

This page says the only drivers are those available from Windows Update.  See here for additional details.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
DavidKeller
Message 5 of 38 (12,733 Views)

Those are basic print only drivers (I am using this printer in network mode).

Basically, I left with multi function printer that cannot scan or fax.

Top Student
DrewC
Message 6 of 38 (12,704 Views)

Are they working on the network driver and it's not ready yet?  I read somewhere where some HP Windows 7 drivers would not be available until January 2010. 

Student
tvin
Message 7 of 38 (12,601 Views)

Same problem for me and big disappointment.  My printer worked perfectly well and no scanning anymore unless I copy the scanned document on a card and transfer it on the computer!
Top Student
intgom
Message 8 of 38 (12,580 Views)

Come on HP - this is ridiculous!  These devices were not cheap and surely it can't be that difficult to update the (network) drivers so that us users  - your customers - can continue to use ALL features (e.g. wireless) under Windows 7.

If you don't intend to do this then at least say so, or provide an ETA for the driver - PLEASE!!!!!!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 9 of 38 (12,573 Views)

intgom wrote:

Come on HP - this is ridiculous!  These devices were not cheap and surely it can't be that difficult to update the (network) drivers so that us users  - your customers - can continue to use ALL features (e.g. wireless) under Windows 7.

If you don't intend to do this then at least say so, or provide an ETA for the driver - PLEASE!!!!!!

I do not have any "inside information", and I do not work for or speak for HP but my reading of this page says the only drivers are those available from Windows Update which would indicate there are no plans for a driver from HP.  See here for additional details.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
intgom
Message 10 of 38 (12,555 Views)

Thanks Bob, but I have already reviewed the links you have referenced and they do not answer my question.  As you say, you do not speak for HP, so the following comments are not addressed to you directly.

The first hyperlink goes to a page that is both out of date and completely non-committal.  It is also worded in such a way to suggest that users should keep checking the HP site in order "to check the current availability of print drivers to download for your product".  HP should come clean about whether or not they will release Windows 7 drivers to support the networking features of the PSC 2510.... ever.

I accept that the second link provides a workaround for those who are prepared to compromise on a reduced set of features / functionality, but I do not think it is acceptable to stop there.

My PSC 2510 is less than 5 years old and I bought it because it has networking features, in particular the ability to print wirelessly.  I suspect that many other HP customers have spent their hard-earned pounds/dollars/etc for the same reason.  I for one feel short changed, though it wouldn't surprise me if HP unofficially aim to expire older products early in order to encourage customers to buy newer products.

My dilemma is that I really like the PSC 2510.  It has lasted the test of time and still works well, which is why the lack of support under Windows 7 really irks me.  When the time comes, I shall not be replacing it with another HP device.

Regards,

intgom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation