Question

Student
jcrsmom
Message 1 of 2 (862 Views)

HP PSC 750xi Driver Install Probelm

I have an HP PSC 750xi printer that I can not get installed.  It shows up in the device manager but it will not accept the printer drivers when you try to install it.  I have used both the CD that came with it and the drivers for it on HP's site.  I tried it on 2 different computers both running Windows XP and I have the same problem on both computers.  I have tried swapping out the USB cable as well.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (851 Views)

Re: HP PSC 750xi Driver Install Probelm

jcrsmom wrote:

I have an HP PSC 750xi printer that I can not get installed.  It shows up in the device manager but it will not accept the printer drivers when you try to install it.  I have used both the CD that came with it and the drivers for it on HP's site.  I tried it on 2 different computers both running Windows XP and I have the same problem on both computers.  I have tried swapping out the USB cable as well.

If the PSC 750 is showing up in the device manager but you cannot install the driver it would indicate that you connected the USB cable to the printer before installing the driver.  This can cause some issues that result in the install failing.  Unplug the USB cable, then you can uninstall the PSC 750 as shown here

Once the uninstall has completed sucessfully then install the driver and do not plug in the USB cable until instructed.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation