04-21-2012 03:22 PM
I cannot install the disc software and drivers for the D110a on my Toshiba p500 running Windows 7 64bit OS. The install only gets as far as the 'Checking the computer" phase, just after it downloads and installs some updates it brings up another screen that says in order to proceed with the install some files have to be removed by restarting the computer.It keeps bringing this screen up regardless of the number of restarts. I have tried downloading the drivers from the HP site but the install fails in the same way. Ditto for the 'plug and play' on the computer,the drivers that Windows downloads fail the same way.
I loaded the disc software on my old XP 32bit machine without any problems.
04-23-2012 11:37 AM
I responded to your other posts you can find it at the link below.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS