04-21-2012 11:11 AM
I have a new laptop with Windows 7.
But now I am unable to use by Photosmart 245 printer, the Installation CD keeps giving errors, and the hp support suggests an alternative driver (Photosmart 330), which is not part of the windows drivers. I have tried a windows update, but it keeps "not responding" after about 30 minutes.
04-25-2012 09:36 AM
Welcome to the HP Consumer Printer Forums!
HP Support is correct in what they are having you attempt. Here is a link for step by step instructions on how to do so:
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS