Question

Student
scottie
Message 1 of 3 (3,067 Views)

HP Photosmart 2570 All-In-One Series

I haave an HP Photosmart 2570 All-In-One series but have not got the software that is compatible with my laptop.  I only have Windows Home Vista on my laptop.  Is it possible to get free downloads to make it compatible, if so how is it done.  Does the photosmart have to be connected to the computer before searching for downloads.  Appreciate all your help.  Many thanks.  Scottie.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (3,058 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 2570 All-In-One Series

scottie wrote:

I haave an HP Photosmart 2570 All-In-One series but have not got the software that is compatible with my laptop.  I only have Windows Home Vista on my laptop.  Is it possible to get free downloads to make it compatible, if so how is it done.  Does the photosmart have to be connected to the computer before searching for downloads.  Appreciate all your help.  Many thanks.  Scottie.

You can download the driver and some critical updates from HP's website here.   The Photosmart should not be connected to the computer until you are instructed to by the installer.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
talkiehockie
Message 3 of 3 (1,862 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 2570 All-In-One Series

Bob,

Do you know where you can get the Basic Driver that the HP site talks about?  I can't find one for my 2575 that also lists Windows 7.  I really hate the full software as it takes up so much space and time checking for updates.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Melissa

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation