Question

Honor Student
dotsy316
Message 1 of 5 (1,520 Views)

HP Photosmart 3210 - All in one

I love my HP Printer and it was originally installed in a Windows XP Computer.  I got a new Windows 7 computer and the CD I used to install for the XP Computer will not work for a Windows 7 computer.  I want to purchase a new CD for HP PhotoSmart 3200 series for Windows 7.  I loved the photo program.  Can someone please tell me what the process is to get an updated CD?  A million thanks in advance!  Dotty

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (1,515 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 3210 - All in one

The full driver is available for download from here.  There is also a link to order the CD here, but it does not seem to be working at the moment.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
dotsy316
Message 3 of 5 (1,491 Views)

Dear Mr. Headrick,

Many thanks for the good advice.  I did get the program installed for my HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One.  Prior to contacting you I was not able to use the disk that originally came with the printer since I purchased Windows 7.

I do still have one problem.  Apparently my devise driver is not hooked up and the computer and the printer can't talk to each other.  I have no idea how to do this or if I have a USB connection or a ethernet connection.

Would you be kind enough to share your knowledge so I can solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Dotty

dotsy316

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 5 (1,489 Views)

The USB cable would likely be the easiest way to connect, it will be easier to set up than the ethernet connection.  You can see here for a picture of a USB cable from both ends. Your computer should have a flat USB connection, plug the flat end of the USB cable into the computer.  Run the install program for the 3210 driver and do not connect the other end of the USB cable to the printer until instructed to by the installer.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
dotsy316
Message 5 of 5 (1,486 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the amazingly quick response!  I have printed your response and will let you know how it goes.  This is a great service and I much appreciate you and HP!

Dotty

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation