Question
HP Photosmart 6520 "printer assistant" will not run
Replies (36)

Student
Glenn_K9
Message 31 of 37 (480 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 6520 "printer assistant" will not run

Thank you so much...spent about two hours researching this until I just posted the text from the notepad pop up.  YOU ROCK!

Provost
pcwizard
Message 32 of 37 (479 Views)

Hi Glenn_K9,

I am glad to hear this thread helped resolve your issues. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
JudyH6520
Message 33 of 37 (435 Views)

After installing PS6520 on my desktop, when clicking on icon I get script error message and the screen is blank with the words"dynamic content goes here". I've spent 1 1/2 hrs online with tech support and have tried every fix listed under support including downloading the "file association update". Still problem not resolved. My desktop is old (2004). I downloaded software on my laptop and had no problem. Icon works! I'm running XP on both computers. Can you suggest what my problem is?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 34 of 37 (418 Views)

Hi JudyH6520,

It sounds like you are having some issues with the operating system on this older desktop computer which is contributing to the installation failure. You may want to consider backing up your data, and then run a system restore which will place the computer back to the way it was when you first purchased it. 

I am an HP employee.

Student
kinha
Message 35 of 37 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, I run your solution, but it didn't fix my problem. When I double-click at printer assistant, Windows closes the window with a message like 'host html stoped working'. Any other try to fix it?

Windows 7, 64 bits

Provost
pcwizard
Message 36 of 37 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi kinha,

Any changes made to the computer prior to the issue, like any hardware or software installation?

Try the steps below:

Step 1: This error seems to happen due to some incompatibility between a program on your computer and Windows operating system. It could be a lot of different applications, so you first have to determine which program is actually causing the problem. You can do this by viewing the Event Logs on your machine. Please follow the below instructions and paste in the Problem Details for the svchost.exe entry.

1.  Open Problem Reports and Solutions by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Problem Reports and Solutions.

2.  In the left pane, click View problem history.

3.  Double-click the problem that you want to view.

4.  Use the "Copy to clipboard" link in the lower left corner and paste into a reply to this thread.

Step 2: Install the latest updates and check.

Step 3: If that didn’t do anything, you might be having an issue with the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) Windows service. If you starting getting this message after you did a Windows update, then BITS could be the culprit. You’ll need to follow the instructions in below article on how to repair the corrupt BITS files.

An update is available to fix a Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) crash on a Windows Vi...

Step 4: Try performing a clean boot.Before that try performing a clean boot: To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows Vista by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. Follow the below link for more information:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windo...

Additional Resource for this issue

Hope this information is helpful.

I am an HP employee.

Student
j06096
Message 37 of 37 (113 Views)

[ Edited ]

like others, my new hp6520 all in one printer works, wirelessly, from the desktop, but the hp printer assistant is but a box, with "default text", and a rotating flowerlike icon.

i downloaded the file association update (SC LiteFix299026)  but am unable to get it to run.

i saved it to the computer,  but when i try to run it, user control presents a permission box to continue, which i do, and there is a momentary flash of a small progress bar (or something) box, but that is all that happens.

i have tried redownloading and running, with always the same result.

vista on dell vostro 220 32 bit

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation