HP Photosmart All-In-one B209 install Windows 7 (5371 Views)
Top Student
rdesign
Message 1 of 5 (5,371 Views)

HP Photosmart All-In-one B209 install Windows 7

Very interesting forum, I recently purchased a new HP Desktop running Vista SP2.  As part of the purchase I received a free upgrade to Windows 7 from HP. The upgrade is not a complete free standing copy of Windows 7 and I think it uses parts of the existing Vista program.   The install went very well until I tried to use my new HP Photosmart Plus All-In-One B209.  The software that came with the printer is approved for Windows 7.   All went well with the install of the new printer until the very end and then I received an error message stating that the HP file C/Windows\system\32\hpzidr12.dll could not be found and the installation failed.  The disk does not contain the needed file so I assume it should be included within the new operating system. A thorough search of the new system 32 file folder did not show the file hpzidr12.dll.  In the previous Vista folder there were 6 different copies of the needed file.  Any help would be appreciated I also tried to install the latest driver from the HP site with the same results.

Thanks in advance

**bleep**

Student
Foofishkilla1
Message 2 of 5 (5,245 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart All-In-one B209 install Windows 7

Hi there, I also Hhave the very same problem. Installer won't run with the same error message. Brand new laptop with Windows 7 preinstalled. Any help would be great.
Top Student
rdesign
Message 3 of 5 (5,195 Views)

It seems that you and I are the only ones having this problem.  I have uninstalled Windows 7 and gone back to Vista which solved the problem. Fortunately I have a program called Norton Ghost which will completely recover my computer and all the personal software  I have decided to wait for service pack 1 and then try the install again.  I also had one other program called Corel Painter Photo Essentials that refused to work. When you visit the sites there seems to be lots of Windows 7 driver updates but very few seem to work.  The file that is giving us the problem is available for download but if you place it in the location stated on the error message it does not correct the problem. I also noticed that there are many different versions of the same file. If you have any luck with your printer let us know.

Student
miyagi666
Message 4 of 5 (4,975 Views)

I've also had the same problem. Recently purchased a Vaio X series running Windows 7. Everytime I tried to run the installer (or run the driver package from the HP website), it would abruptly crash mid install. However, a simple workaround seems to be manually installing the drivers using hdwwiz.exe. In windows just enter hdwwiz in the search box to bring up the program. Select the type of device you want to install (printers). When it reaches the screen asking for where to look for drivers, simply browse to the drive containing the HP install CD and find autorun.inf and double click. For some reason I was able to install the drivers properly by doing it in this fashion. Hope this works for others. I am finally able to print wirelessly (presumably this is the reason why most of us purchased the B209).

Top Student
Andian
Message 5 of 5 (2,393 Views)

I installed my printer on two new laptops, both running Windows 7.

Both laptops have no problems printing wirelessly to the printer.

However, I'm constantly getting messages that the driver for the printer 'was not installed'. Now, something must have installed because I'm able to print.

The problem is I can't access the HP solutions centre until I install the software and I've installed several times but the computer keeps telling me the software is not installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation