Question

Honor Student
MrKrizz
Message 1 of 6 (1,312 Views)

HP Photosmart B109

I need drivers/software for 'HP Photosmart B109n-z' that works on XP x64 (SP2). The disc that came with the printer only supports XP 32-bit, and Vista/7 both in 32 and 64-bit so why not XP x64? It's a shame to have to trash the printer because it works with all the other computers in the network except my gaming rig becase of XP x64. And I refuse to pay for an upgrade to Vista/7 because of the printer.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (1,300 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart B109

Download the driver from HP here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
MrKrizz
Message 3 of 6 (1,293 Views)

Why did you link to Vista 64? I need drivers/software for XP 64. When I tried the Vista basedrivers I got the same problem like I got when I tried to use the CD that came with the printer. So next idea?

Honor Student
MrKrizz
Message 4 of 6 (1,232 Views)

What kind of support forum is this? Where everyone completely ignore people when they have a real problem. I'm gonna call HP tomorrow and demand a full refund of my printer.

Note to HP: PUT A HUGE WARNING LABEL ON THE BOX!!!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 6 (1,227 Views)

MrKrizz wrote:

What kind of support forum is this? Where everyone completely ignore people when they have a real problem. [snip]

This is a user to user support forum, the folks here are for the most part volunteers.  If you want to contact HP support click here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Master's Graduate
SandyD
Message 6 of 6 (1,188 Views)

Hi MrKrizz,

As Bob stated, this is a user-to-user support forum where users share ideas and assist each other with technical issues.  The majority of those helping here are doing so on a volunteer basis and are not compensated for their time. This community is not a venue for receiving support directly from HP.

It looks like Bob has linked to the page with all available drivers for your printer.  If these don't resolve your issue, please contact HP directly.

• Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

• When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation