Question

Honor Student
jespersp
Message 1 of 2 (4,001 Views)

HP Photosmart B109n-z, Win7 64Bit driver installation problems

Trying to install the Driver downloaded from HP website (PS_AIO_06_B109n-z_USW_Basic_Win_enu_140_175.exe) on my freshly installed Win7-Professional-64Bit system (Dell Vostro 1500). I get a message

"The system cannot finde the file specified" in a window named:

"C:\Users\JSP\AppData\Local\Temp\77ZS2549\Setup\..\Setup\hpzprl40.exe" -m p...  

I managed to install the driver using the WIndows "Add Printer" function and selecting a driver ".ini" file  from the "AppData\Local\Temp\7ZS2549." folder. The printer installs without error, but when I try to print a test page I get the error:

"Test page failed to print. Would you like
 to view the print troubleshooter for
 assistance? Operation could not be
 completed (error 0x0000007a)"

If I select one of the HP printer drivers that come with Win7, it will print the test page, but it does not look correct.

I also tried the bloated full HP driver "PS_AIO_06_B109n-z_USW_full_Win_enu_140_175.exe", but this also fails.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jesper

Student
Eddie11
Message 2 of 2 (211 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart B109n-z, Win7 64Bit driver installation problems

On trying to install the driver for my Photosmart B109n all goes well until the installation tries to find the extracted files.  After "checking system" the error message "The system cannot find the file specified \Appdata\\local\\temp\7zS3706\setup\hp..." appears and the only option is to quit.

How do I make progress from here?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation