01-25-2014 04:11 AM
I have a HP Photosmart B110a Printer and a Windows 8.1 PC. I have tried to install the software and drivers for this printer but I have encountered numerous errors.
First of all, I used the HP Printer Install Wizard which automatically finds the drivers. It downloaded and went on to the "Checking system" stage, but remained here for ages so I had to cancel.
When trying again, nothing appeared after downloading. I then manually downloaded the software from here:
Making sure I chose 8.1 and 64 bit.
However this did the same, and after extracting nothing appeared despite the installation file running in Task Manager.
I have heard others having similar problems and I have tried to run a L3_Uninstall.bat. However, at stage 10 it fails and closes, and although it seems to then go on and do something else, it doesn't seem to uninstall properly. I have tried all other uninstall files and only the L1_Uninstall worked without error but still the installation won't start.
What should I do next? I seem to have tried everything suggested on other forums, and I believe that if I get the L3 file to work correctly, I will then be able to go on and install the files.
Thanks for any help.
02-01-2014 04:02 PM
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS