Question

Honor Student
raymdl1965
Message 1 of 5 (6,084 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart C4180 All in one cartridge issue

Hi, 

I need some help with my printer.  Prior to changing the print cartridges, my printer started printing in black and pink only.  So, I purchased a combo pack with one #95 & one #98 cartridge in the pack with a warranty end date of April 2011. I  replaced only the tri-color cartridge (#95) since the black was still working. When I close the ink cartridge door, I immediately get an error "Ink Cartridge Problem: Remove and check color cartridge". I put the old cartridge back and the error goes away. I've tried to clean the printer, the cartridge, etc with no luck.  My OS is Windows Vista, service pack 1.  I had no change to the OS when this problem started. Short of buying new printer cartridges, I thought I'd check with you as I shouldn't have to spend additional money since the cartridge is defective.

Thank you.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 5 (6,097 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C4180 All in one cartridge issue

If the cartridge is still under warranty, then just call HP Tech Support and they should be abel to replace it for you.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
raymdl1965
Message 3 of 5 (6,054 Views)

Thank you for the response!

I just purchased the cartridge this past week and the warranty exiration is April 2011. I've since called support and have been given the run around since the printer is out of warranty, I'm being told they can't help me unless I pay for a support call. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 5 (6,065 Views)

Tell them clearly that the printer works fine with another cartridge and not with this particular one. So the issue is with the cartridge, and not the printer. Thus the printer warranty doesn't come into the picture, and the cartridge warranty does. Ask them to replace it, and if it doesnt work, ask to speak to a supervisor.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
raymdl1965
Message 5 of 5 (6,031 Views)

I will give them a call and try again and if necessary escalate to a supervisor. Thank you for the suggestion and the support!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation