Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Making verbal stabs at people on here doesn’t fix any problems, you need to keep your option of others on here to yourself, Some of their ideas do work it is up to everyone who goes to these sites to use their own judgment no one on here stated they were tech’s.

HP Recommended

Same thing.  I've shut down and restarted, removed and reinserted all the ink cartridges, replaced one ink cartridge that had a deformed seal that I noticed, reinstalled the latest drivers, unplugged and replugged the power and usb cables, performed the resetting procedure all to no avail.  The display says to look up the error code in the manual... has anybody seen any error code explanation for this anywhere?  I can't find one.  If anybody knows of a solution to this I would appreciate hearing about it.

HP Recommended

I have a C5180 which displays the error message, "Ink system has failed.  Unable to print."  Error 0xc18a0201.  The hekp message suggests "turn power off then on again."  This does not work.  I wondered if anyone else had solved this error.

HP Recommended

I have a HP Photosmart C5180 which is now displaying the following error message, "Ink System has failed. Unable to print.." Error: Oxc18a0201.

The help message suggests "turn power off then on again". This does not clear the fault. I've followed a number of other threads with similar sounding issues and have attempted all of the suggested solutions including resets, print head cleaning, removing each print cartridge and cleaning them, removing and replacing the power lead whilst holding the OK and Help buttons. None of these have cleared the problem. Before I embark on what many others have described as less than useful and expensive, HP help line I wondered if anyone else has had, and solved, this error.

HP Recommended

Hp photosmart c5180 ink system failure

HP Recommended

done that wee tip u said m8 and it worked a treat, cheers

HP Recommended

done that wee tip u said m8 and it worked a treat, cheers

???

What wee tip are you talking about please ?

HP Recommended

What is the most reliable way of resetting the C5180 all in one printer after the "Ink Failure" problem.

Any one can help?

HP Recommended

Further to earlier message.

I looked at all those messages about ink failure problems. It seems that all the symptoms have some things in common. One is the cures, all involve switching the power off and on, either by printer switch or main supply.

One other symptom is the variable time between restoration and another breakdown. and the there is at least in some cases, including mine, that the first time the fault occured was after a power voltage surge.

Electrolytic capacitors when stressed can break down and repair them selves after the voltage has been removed. But breakdown again and again depending on circumstances.

It seems to me likely that some electrolytic capacitor is the culprit. But which? It is likely one that has to do with the recognition of ink cartidges circuit. Also is either a faulty batch or under designed. Has anyone got any ideas on the subject? 

HP Recommended

Further to my previous posting about the capacitors causing mayhem. I found a posting under Power-Uo/ Power-Down Problem by pculley  01-13-11 describing the problem in detail and the cure.  Excellent!!!!  I did find the soldering a bit daunting, not being very steady any more. So had it done by a technician. All is fine now, thanks a lot pculley..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.