Question

Student
RogerHPnomore
Message 61 of 64 (377 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C5180 - Ink System Failure

[ Edited ]

Very frustarted and now resigned to never, ever buying another HP device as long as I live.

Bought a brand new Black cartiridge only to find out the HP printer is factury configured to work only if other ink is present. So now back to the store to spend more money on another cartridge, only to find out the ink system is in failing mode and now paper jams and STILL NOT PRINITING AND ALSO POSTING A WARNING THAT THE NEW CARTRIDGE IS EMPTY AND WONT PRINT AT ALL. Now fingers covered in ink from clearing papaer jam, spent $40 on new cartridges and STILL NO SIMPLE TEXT PAGE PRINTED. {Content Removed} HP PRINTERS, they are garbage.

I guess the reason the brand new magenta cartridge is posting as empty is because the printer drained it all over the insid e of the housing. UN {Content Removed} BELIEVABLE. PIECE OF {Content Removed}. NOW, MORE MONEY ON ANOTHER PRINTER, guarantee you, it won't be HPieceof crap. So Pissed right now.

Student
guest88
Message 62 of 64 (157 Views)

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!  Your solution of unplugging the printer then holding the "Help" & "OK" buttons while plugging the power cord back in worked great. (In my case the printer did not turn back on on its own. So you may have to press the power button if it doesn't turn on after a few minutes.) The whole process took only about 15 minutes and now my printer works with no problems. Thanks again!

Honor Student
thejudge
Message 63 of 64 (97 Views)

nav11 wrote:

I have a 13 month old HP Photosmart C5180 which is now displaying the following error message, "Ink System has failed. Unable to print.." Error: Oxc18a0506

The help message suggests "turn power off then on again".  This does not clear the faultI've followed a number of other threads with similar sounding issues and have attempted all of the suggested solutions including resets, print head cleaning, removing each print cartridge and cleaning them, removing and replacing the power lead whilst holding the OK and  Help buttonsNone of these have cleared the problemBefore I embark on what many others have described as less than useful and expensive, HP help line I wondered if anyone else has had, and solved, this error.

Honor Student
thejudge
Message 64 of 64 (94 Views)

sweetlogo wrote:

Dude, this totally works! And I didn't have to waste any ink. Thanks! S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation