Question

Student
lisa1963
Message 1 of 2 (276 Views)

HP Photosmart Plus 209a-m install for Windows 8 not working, driver problem?

I am trying to install the driver/software for HP Photosmart Plus 209a-m on my Windows 8 laptop and keep getting "the Wizard has detected a problem with the driver software for the selected printer".  Seems like a catch-22 because that's why i'm trying to install it.  I have a brand new hard drive (as of today) with nothing else on it except Norton, which i just installed.  I shouldn't have corrupted drivers yet.  if it's missing, why can't HP get it installed?  I've downloaded hppiw and trying to install that.  after i get the "problem with the driver" message, i select the option to install the full suite + driver, and it attempts another download (why is it doing that when i already downloaded the software?), then fails with "Your download was cancelled.  You can attempt the download again by clicking Retry".  Anybody know how to get me out of this loop and get the software installed?

HP Support Agent
silvyg
Message 2 of 2 (227 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus 209a-m install for Windows 8 not working, driver problem?

hi,

sometimes norton does block the installation or the drivers download...

i would suggest you to turn of norton and complete the installation and then turn it back on..

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation