Question

Tutor
nancyjm
Message 1 of 11 (10,797 Views)

HP Photosmart Premier on VISTA

Is HP Photosmart Premier compatable with VISTA?  I was on line chat and was told it is not.  Is that true or did I just get someone who doesn't know what she is talking about?  I want to stitch pictures which I can do on XP operating system.
nancyjm
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 11 (10,805 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premier on VISTA

The Photosmart Premier software has been upgraded and released under the name Photosmart Essential. It's latest version is 3.5, and can be downloaded from hp.com free of cost. that should be compatible with Vista.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
nancyjm
Message 3 of 11 (10,795 Views)

Here's my dumb question.  What file do I save this download to?

Thanks.

nancyjm
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 11 (10,765 Views)

Click HERE, then click on 'Free Download', then click on Run.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
nancyjm
Message 5 of 11 (10,786 Views)

I have downloaded the program but I still do not see an option to stittch my photos and when I open the HP solutions Center the new update is not one of the options.  Where do I find the option to create a panorama on this version?
nancyjm
Intern
razzell2
Message 6 of 11 (10,329 Views)

I too just installed hp photosmart essential 3.5, after an hp tech told me it was the replacement for hp photosmart premeir 6.5.

but it is not.

it doesnt have the panorama feature, or a couple other features.

has anyone downloaded, installed and used the hp photosmart premier 6.5 on their vista computer?

the tech told me that i could download it and it shouldnt be a problem but i thought i would check in first.

thanks to anyone who can help me.

russell

Tutor
TheBanksman
Message 7 of 11 (8,520 Views)

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone can help with this? I've just installed the software too but the only reason I installed it was to create Panoramas and I find it's not on there!! Any tips please?

Thanks,

John

Student
dgiles
Message 8 of 11 (8,437 Views)

Where's the stitching component

Add me to the list of people who only downloaded the software for the stitching... and am disappointed to not find it.. Am I blind?

I have downloaded the software for a Mac and have had no problem with the stitching component of the software. Unfortunately on my PC at work I can't even find any sort of stitching option in the program..what's going on?

thanks for the help!

-denise

Intern
razzell2
Message 9 of 11 (8,398 Views)

Well, I have finally just decided to install and log into the Windows Live Photo Gallery to do my "stitching"  and panorama work.

I am not able to do this with the HP Premier software that is up to date for my HP printer and Vista computer, and I dont want to install HP Printer software that was made for my XP....older versions that I used in the past that had the Panorama Feature.

So, I just use the Microsoft Live software to do my stiching and it works fine.

By the way, (and Im sorry but I dont know the names of them now) but there are several shareware (free) software programs that you can download for your computer that do panorama work. 

You can google "free panorama software', or go to cnet.com, formerly download.net, (or com..cant remember), the only place that I trust to download software for my computer, as all software is checked for malware or bloat software before it is added to their downloads.

Something to think about if you cant find HP Printer software that includes panorama or stitching features.

Good Luck

Razz

Student
Tish560
Message 10 of 11 (1,266 Views)

That doesn't seem correct.  The basic version of Photosmart was called Essential.  It has nowhere near the capabilities of Premier which doesn't seem to come pre-loaded with the newer printers.  I'm still using it on two old workstations and hope to learn how to 'share' the application by transferring it to our server. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation