Question

Honor Student
billpoly
Message 1 of 3 (4,685 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer C309a - Slow and Can't Print Duplex

[ Edited ]

I have an HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer C309a on my WiFi network.  I have the latest v12.0 drivers loaded in Windows XP Pro SP3 x32 and access the printer as a shared printer in Windows 7 RC x32 (i.e. shared to Windows 7 from the XP computer).  I have two key problems (so far - I've only had the printer for a couple of weeks).

1.  The HP software (used primarily for scanning thus far) on the XP machine is horribly slow.  I have turned off all unnecessary processes (including antivirus) and still have severe performance issues with the software.  Even bringing up the Printing Preferences dialog from a Print dialog takes longer than should be expected - 5 to 10 seconds.

2.  I can not print duplex from either machine.   When I access the Printing Preferences dialog, I select the printing shortcut for "Two-sided (Duplex) Printing" - which for some reason has "Print on both sides" defaulted to "Off".  I have switched the "Print on both sides" setting to both "Automatically" and "Left Edge Booklet" and neither will produce a duplex printout.  I have also tried the "General Everyday Printing" shortcut with "Print on both sides" set to "Left Edge Booklet" with the same results - no duplex printout produced.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Bill 

Message Edited by billpoly on 07-03-2009 10:32 AM
Tutor
vikramthebiker
Message 2 of 3 (4,673 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer C309a - Slow and Can't Print Duplex

Try this

Slow printing and scanning -- http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00093466&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00654095&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Try this for duplex printing.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087162&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Let me know if it works or not.

Regards,
Vikram
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
billpoly
Message 3 of 3 (4,669 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer C309a - Slow and Can't Print Duplex

Thanks for the interest and effort, but none of these articles apply to my printer or driver set.  I've checked all running processes to see if I could find the source of the slow performance, but no luck.  I've turned off everything that is unnecessary while running the HP software and it's still horribly slow.  The computer in question has plenty of RAM (4 GB, of which XP x32 uses 3.1-ish GB).  My driver does not give the option to select installed/not-installed for the duplexer because this particular printer model and driver always has a duplexer installed.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation