Question

Honor Student
Jaskeys
Message 1 of 4 (143 Views)

HP Printer Assistant won't open

Hi,

I have a HP Offficejet Pro 8600 Plus, and am using a windows 8.1 pc.  I am trying to open the printer assistant so that I can scan and OCR.  I used to be able to do this fine, but now I can't even start the Printer Assistant.  I have tried reinstalling the full software, but that has no difference. 

When I go to open the printer, nothing seems to happen, but when you look at the task manager, it shows hundreds of HP Printer Assistant processes.  Eventually I get booted out of the session back to the windows user login. 

I can print, and scan using HP AiO Remote app on the same machine.  Scan doesn't allow for OCR. 

No idea what started this behaviour, but would appreciate help to get it back to working.

Jason

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)

Re: HP Printer Assistant won't open

Hi Jason,

Try following the steps to install the patch blow, altough it describe a different scenario I believe that should resolve the issue you are facing:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03640384&cc=il&dlc=en&lc=en

Please let me know if that may help.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Jaskeys
Message 3 of 4 (110 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I tried the solution, and restarted, but it did not resolve the problem.

Any other ideas?

Jason

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (81 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi there Jason, aka @Jaskeys ,

I would like to make a suggestion that might help you with the Solution Center problem you're having.

I'd suggest Uninstalling the Printer Software and reinstalling the printer: HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver

Hopefully that will give you back the full software and driver package with all of the features to scan again.

Best wishes:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation