08-04-2014 06:30 PM
I have a HP Offficejet Pro 8600 Plus, and am using a windows 8.1 pc. I am trying to open the printer assistant so that I can scan and OCR. I used to be able to do this fine, but now I can't even start the Printer Assistant. I have tried reinstalling the full software, but that has no difference.
When I go to open the printer, nothing seems to happen, but when you look at the task manager, it shows hundreds of HP Printer Assistant processes. Eventually I get booted out of the session back to the windows user login.
I can print, and scan using HP AiO Remote app on the same machine. Scan doesn't allow for OCR.
No idea what started this behaviour, but would appreciate help to get it back to working.
08-05-2014 02:01 PM
Try following the steps to install the patch blow, altough it describe a different scenario I believe that should resolve the issue you are facing:
Please let me know if that may help.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
08-14-2014 12:37 PM - edited 08-14-2014 12:39 PM
Hi there Jason, aka @Jaskeys ,
I would like to make a suggestion that might help you with the Solution Center problem you're having.
Hopefully that will give you back the full software and driver package with all of the features to scan again.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS