Question
HP Printer Control app for Windows 8
Replies (89)

Honor Student
dchen_oz
Message 21 of 90 (2,554 Views)

Re: HP Printer Control app for Windows 8

The printer is directly connected to the PC but the scan and capture app can't see it.

thanks.

Honor Student
benmie
Message 22 of 90 (2,548 Views)

Hi JohnnyUtah - I just saw the complete list of printers, and some of ours are not on it - so I guess I found the answer :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the quick reply...

Grad Student
fish4life
Message 23 of 90 (2,517 Views)

Hi dchen_oz-

Windows 8 version of HP Scan and Capture does not support USB devices due to limitations in the OS.    Windows 8.1, however, adds some addtional scanning support that will allow us to talk to installed USB devices.  We are updating the HP Scan and Capture app to take advantage of these features, but it's not quite ready yet.  Look for this in a few weeks or so.

Windows 8.1 was released today to the public as a free update for Windows 8 users.    I'd highly recommend the update.   As a side note, MS does include a basic "Scan" app as part of Win 8.1 that should work with your device.

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
Honor Student
dchen_oz
Message 24 of 90 (2,508 Views)

thanks, i will download the update and see.
Teacher
JohnnyUtah
Message 25 of 90 (2,484 Views)

Ok.  Sorry to hear :smileysad:

I work for HP.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
Student
brandijake
Message 26 of 90 (2,446 Views)

Hi,

Could use a solution.  Have a HP Photosmart 5520.  New set-up with Comcast.  Previous location was with Comcast and I was able to establish communication between Comcast WIFI box and the printer. The printer setup is requiring an IP address, which I presume is the IP of the Comcast box.  I have use Windows 8.  I tried searching for CMD, but was apprehensive to change registry settings given as a suggestion by "customer service???".  When I lloked up HP printer info it gave a  10 digit , but this did not work. 

Please Help.  Thanks, Wayne

Student
saunders52
Message 27 of 90 (2,431 Views)

Thank you for the  help  on getting my computor up and running

Student
Kumichou
Message 28 of 90 (2,422 Views)

Hi fellas!

I have Windows 8 Enterprise, when I did my last windows update and rebooted my PC, I found the HP app on my start screen. but it is not working... it keeps loading for a while, then quits back and show start screen.. any idea??

Regards

Top Student
davectam
Message 29 of 90 (2,371 Views)

I am considering the HP - LaserJet Pro MFP M1217nfw for my Surface RT running Win8.1 ARM.  The compatipility chart says "Limited capability".  What exactly can or cannot I do with this combination?   Also, can a print to this printer from a Windows Phone?   Thanks

Honor Student
eric8
Message 30 of 90 (2,341 Views)

I have a  similar problem with my printer (Deskjet 1055 J410e, all-in-one) not working in windows 8. I get the message that there is an error 1627 and also the driver staus says it's unavailable. Please help. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation