03-11-2009 09:29 AM
Most likley you either have an issue with the connection between the computer and 6310 or an improperly configured driver. I would check the following:
- Unplug and reconnect the cables between the PC and the 6310.
- Check in the control panel, sysem, device manager and make sure the port in use woes not have a yellow triangle of other error.
- Unplug the connection between the PC and 6310, then reinsall the drivers. Do not plug the 6310 in until instructed by the installer.
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS