Question

Honor Student
Ziggy111
Message 1 of 5 (94 Views)

HP Scanjet 8200 software - HP Solution Center - where to find it?

I've got a HP Scanjet 8200 scanner. I have to install the software in order to use the scanner with a differet PC (Windows XP 32bit) as the last one died. However, when I tied to get the software, namely HP Solution Center, from HP support website, I couldn't find it. It seems it just disappeared from it. Where could I find it?

Also, I tried this software upon the suggestion of HP representative in my country: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=sj-13026-3

However, the default settings are set to 200dpi. When I try to set them differetly using HP Director as instructed in help info set out in HP photo and imagining help section, it says that I should click on Settings menu, which in my case is not even there. All I got is View & Print and Help.

Thus, I think HP Solution Center might be the only option.

Any help would be by truly appreciated.

Thank you

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 5 (66 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet 8200 software - HP Solution Center - where to find it?

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at Printers - Scanners.
Click on New Post.

Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Ziggy111
Message 3 of 5 (59 Views)

Thank you for the reply. When I try to click on the link, I get this message:

The core node you are trying to access was not found, it may have been deleted. Please refresh your original page and try the operation again.

Does the link really work?

Thank you

Honor Student
Ziggy111
Message 4 of 5 (55 Views)

I found the commercial forums via google. The link is:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanners/HP-Scanjet-8200-software-HP-Solution-Center-where-to-find-it/t...

Thank you

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 5 of 5 (52 Views)

Hi Ziggy111

Sorry about that. The link was broken. I have included the link which I tested to get to the scanner support page.

Scanners.

Thank You. :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation