Question

Honor Student
Nevet
Message 1 of 6 (4,847 Views)

HP Solution Center Cannot Run

[ Edited ]

I have an OfficeJet J4680c All-In-One printer/scanner/fax connected via USB to a Windows Vista desktop PC and, through it, to a 3-node home network.  I have installed all HP updates for which I received notification prompts.  Printing and faxing work fine.

Launching Solution Center, I get a startup splash screen with the version number (130.0.44.62), then the black error notice: "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.  Please plug in the USB cable or re-run the setup program from the installation CD for a network installation.  If this does not complete the installation, or if you do not have the CD, access the HP help files by clicking the Start Menu. [Close]"

ATTEMPTED SOLUTION #1: USB cable is plugged in, so that's not the issue.

ATTEMPTED SOLUTION #2: Attempted to run the setup program from the CD, \setup\SolutionCenter\SolutionCenter.msi.  Received error message, "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.  This may indicate a problem with this package.  The error code is 2732."  Searched HP.com for "error code is 2732."  Response: "No documents matched. Please enter another search request."  (A search on just "2732" yielded no relevant results either.)

ATTEMPTED SOLUTION #3: Looked for "the HP help files," couldn't find anything matching that description. Under C:\Users\Nevet\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\HP found a shortcut to "HP Network UserGuide," which directs to "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Help\Network_Printer_Reconnect_Instructions_ENU.html," which does not seem to be relevant.  Under C:\programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\Programs\HP I found a few more Start Menu items, including "HP Document Manager" and "Shop for HP Supplies," but nothing that looks like help files.

ATTEMPTED SOLUTION #4: Searched HP.com for the error message, found others with the same problem.  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/quot-HP-Solution-Center-cannot-run-beca....  One of the suggestions was to install the HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver, which seemed like a good idea.  Following that link took me to a different printer, so I switched to my model, OfficeJet J4680, at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3710042&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&softwareitem=m....  I went to "Software and Drive Downloads" for Windows Vista .  There wis no "Full Feature Software and Driver" listed there but there was a Solution Center Update (v. 13.0, 11/2009) which I downloaded (eSupport_hpcom_130_011.exe, (1/1 , 44.52M)) and ran.  After Extracting, I got the mesage, "This update does not support any of the HP device drivers that you have on your PC.  You do not need this software update."  Another dead end.

What else can I do?
--Nevet
Honor Student
JohnOnHP
Message 2 of 6 (4,780 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center Cannot Run

I have the same exact issue.  Hopefully someone from HP will join in and provide an answer.

Honor Student
JohnOnHP
Message 3 of 6 (4,767 Views)

Ok, I spent about an hour on this reviewing what might have changed, then was able to get it to work.  I first uninstalled the latest MS update, however that made no difference, then I pulled the CD and ran "reconfigure network" which required connecting via USB, this two did not work.  However, I tried it a second time and during the setup while it was at a "next" screen, I tried lauching the solution center on a whim...well it worked...so I stopped and exited the "reconfigure network" and thought I was good, however it didn't work...so I tried again, and sure enough it worked while the installer was running but not afterwards.  Hmm?  I went through the full network configuration and found that I could get it to work if the USB was connected once I finished, but I could not get it to work over wireless or Lan.  I then ran the "add device" and was finally able to get it to work over Lan.  Then I re-installed the MS patches and all is working.

Good luck!  BTW HP, my bill rate is $220/hr, where should I send the invoice?

Honor Student
Nevet
Message 4 of 6 (4,739 Views)

Thank you, JohnOnHP.   It seems that I managed to re-install the software (though I followed different steps than the ones you did) and ressurect Solution Center.  It works now!

Thanks again,

--Nevet

Student
mahRaj
Message 5 of 6 (1,802 Views)

After a long time attempt, I failed to install HP Solution Center. But to run HP Scanjet G4010 , I just followed : 'Add a Device' from  Devices & Printers in Control Panel. Then to install the Driver, it is enough to locate the HP Scanjet G4000 series Installation CD.

Now, it is fine to scan after making a shortcut of 'HP Scanjet G4000 Photo series' Device at Desktop.

Student
carza
Message 6 of 6 (1,243 Views)

Intento instalar el HP Solution Center. Me da error 2732. ¿Qué puedo hacer? Gracias

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation