Question

Top Student
tenkros
Message 1 of 7 (88 Views)

HP Solution Center cannot be started

When I start the Solution Center it tells me that the Printer is not installed.

Aufnahme1.jpg

This happens although the PrintDoctor tells me that the printer is installed

Aufnahme2.jpg

The PrintDoctor tells me also everything is fine

Aufnahme3.jpg

Is there a solution to the problem ?

Anton

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 2 of 7 (61 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center cannot be started

Hello tenkros,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are having an issue with the printer not being recognized on the computer.  I also see that you ran the HP Solution Center and it did not find any issues.

So I can better assist you, please respond with which Operating System you are running as well as the model of your printer.

Which Windows Operating System am I running?

How Do I Find My Model Number?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Student
soonerguy1967
Message 3 of 7 (56 Views)

I have same issue. I am guessing you are running Windows 8.1? Your printer is not compatiable with new OS. I have comceded to the fact that nomatter what yu do HP is lacking on keeping up with new OS. I am going tosend my 18 month old C4700 Photosmart to the highest up person i can and say thanks for taking my money but i usually am takien out to nice dinner before i am **** like that. I have been battleing this issue for a month or more. Nothing can be done.

Top Student
tenkros
Message 4 of 7 (51 Views)

I do use Windows 7

Anton

Top Student
tenkros
Message 5 of 7 (49 Views)

[ Edited ]

The exact Model-Info from the Printer Status Report :

Model Name : HP Officejet 6000 E609 Series

Product Number : CB051A

SerialNumber : [edited Serial Number by Moderator]

Firmware: TGP2FN0907AR

Anton

george-p
Message 6 of 7 (38 Views)

Hi @tenkros ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the Serial Number. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 7 of 7 (36 Views)

Hello again tenkros,

Thank you for getting back to me with your operating system.

I do have a few troubleshooting steps that we can run through.

First off, please make sure that you have the printer power cable connected directly to a wall outlet and not a power bar/strip. Here is a document that uses a LaserJet printer as an example but it is meant for HP products in general. Please click on the following link that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.

Please remove any cables (USB)that connect the printer to the computer and leave them off.

Please click on the following link and run the HP Officejet Software and Driver Removal Utility.  Please follow all the steps for the Removal and reboot the computer when prompted to do so.

When the computer is back up, please disable any firewalls or anti virus protection (eg. Norton or McAfee). 

The next step is to click on the next link for the HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver.  Please save the download to you Desktop so that the download creates its own icon.  Double click the icon and follow the instructions. Please do not connect any cables that join the printer to the computer until prompted to do so.

I  hope this information is helpful.

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here: click here.

Thank you for your time.

Have a great day.

Cheers,:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation