Question

Honor Student
shortround94
Message 1 of 3 (424 Views)

HP Solution Center does not recognize my printer

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software for my Photosmart 3210xi and the Solution Center will not recognize my printerand dissappears. My OS is Vista 32 bit. Sometimes when I am installing software, when I am instructed to connect the printer (USB) it will sometimes not see it then also. I have also tried different cables also. HELP!!

Tutor
bi66al
Message 2 of 3 (389 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center does not recognize my printer

Have exactly the same problem. Only I have an all-in-one C4385. SOLUTION CENTER does not recognize and closes. Can print from internet page, but not being able to save files, etc. is ridiculous. One suggestion was to scan from Photo Software. 

I bought the darn thing 3-5 yrs ago and ran for a short time wireless, then problems and attached cable, fine for several

years and out of no where Solution Center won't work. Got rid of a good Lexmark all in one due to them not developing a driver for Vista. It ran here, but now driver won't reinstall.

Honor Student
shortround94
Message 3 of 3 (370 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center does not recognize my printer

Yes these problems are very fustrating especially when you have a $350 ALL-IN ONE and you purchase the Vista software CD and it works for a good three years and then Solution Center stops working. Well I still have an XP Pro computer and the software CD for it, so my next step is to move it to that puter. Better than tossing it, if it works there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation