HP Solution Center error message: "All--in-One not installed"

Problem: HP Solution Center error message

PC computer HP dx2400 microtower

O/S Windows 7

Laptop computer HP Compaq Probook 4510

O/S Windows 7

All-in-One Officejet 7310

Router Linksys WRT160NL

I have a wireless network installed which accesses the internet through the networked PC. The All-in-One is ethernet connected to the router. Laptop connects thru wireless network to PC and the All-in-One.

HP Solution Center is installed on both computers.

I have had a problem three times in the last six months where the Solution Center on the PC displays a message; "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete......."

In the past I have solved the problem by uninstalling the Solution Center and reinstalling. I am now having the same problem and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software & driver package four times without solving the problem.

I can access the Solution Center with the laptop and it functions properly. The functions can all be performed on the desktop through other programs such as scanning with Windows Live Photo Gallery.  However, I want to use the Solution Center because of the ability to easily create PDF files when scanning.

I have run CHKDSK and it reports no disk problems. I'm convinced it is a software problem.  Can anyone help?

Student
Garfield81
Message 2 of 2 (532 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center error message: "All--in-One not installed"

TomDoc1 wrote:

Problem: HP Solution Center error message

PC computer HP dx2400 microtower

O/S Windows 7

Laptop computer HP Compaq Probook 4510

O/S Windows 7

All-in-One Officejet 7310

Router Linksys WRT160NL

I have a wireless network installed which accesses the internet through the networked PC. The All-in-One is ethernet connected to the router. Laptop connects thru wireless network to PC and the All-in-One.

HP Solution Center is installed on both computers.

I have had a problem three times in the last six months where the Solution Center on the PC displays a message; "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete......."

In the past I have solved the problem by uninstalling the Solution Center and reinstalling. I am now having the same problem and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software & driver package four times without solving the problem.

I can access the Solution Center with the laptop and it functions properly. The functions can all be performed on the desktop through other programs such as scanning with Windows Live Photo Gallery.  However, I want to use the Solution Center because of the ability to easily create PDF files when scanning.

I have run CHKDSK and it reports no disk problems. I'm convinced it is a software problem.  Can anyone help?

I am having the same problem.  I have reinstalled the HP Solution Center on my laptop with Windows 7 and on my desktops running Vista.  I get the message that the installation is not complete when I try to open the HP Solution Center.  I have tried installing with all Startup items shut off.  Please help!  I have an Office Jet Pro L7580.  It is frustrating. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation