Question

Honor Student
GAmusicgirl
Message 1 of 8 (215 Views)

HP Solution Center not installing

Recently my boyfriend had to reformat my hard drive to get rid of a nasty virus.  My Officejet 6000 works fine, but I can not get the Solution Center to install.  I have tried from my CD, I get a file can not be found error, and I also downloaded the full version from HP.  When it runs, it just stays on Checking system.

Please help...

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 8 (182 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center not installing

Hi GAmusicgirl,

I understand you have an Officejet 6000 and are having issues getting the HP Solution Center installed after your boyfriend reformatted your computer.

To help you better, I just need to know which version of Windows you're working with on your computer.

Once I know which version you're working with, I should be able to make some suggestions for you to try.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
GAmusicgirl
Message 3 of 8 (179 Views)

Hi MissTeriLynn I have Windows7 Professional (32 bit). GAmusicgirl
HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 4 of 8 (152 Views)

Hi GAmusicgirl,

Thank you for the reply!

I would recommend that you start with a Level 3 Uninstall to remove any reminants of the Officejet 6000 software removed and then once that is done, clear out your Temp folder and restart your computer. Once it's back up, download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard and hopefully you don't run into any further issues.

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
GAmusicgirl
Message 5 of 8 (144 Views)

Hi MissTeriLynn, This DID NOT work. I can't even print now!!! HELP! Amanda
HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 6 of 8 (115 Views)

Hi GAmusicgirl,

Thanks for the reply, but sorry to hear that didn't work!

What happened? Did everything install? What errors did you receive?

If the software installed but just isn't working, try downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor and see if it can help here.

Let me know so I can offer some other suggestions!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
GAmusicgirl
Message 7 of 8 (111 Views)

I did everything you said to do. The software downloaded fine, but will not install. It hangs up at checking system or whatever the first item is. I had no error messages what so ever. The printer will not print. When I look at the devices and printers, I have 2 listings for Officejet 6000. 1 HP Officejet 6000 E609n and the other, which seems to be grayed out, HPBF825E (HP Officjet 6000 E609n). When I try to delete the one that is grayed out, it keeps coming back. Amanda
HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 8 of 8 (80 Views)

Hi GAmusicgirl,

Thanks for the reply, sorry to hear that still didn't work.

I realize this isn't exactly what you're experiencing, but I'd suggest you follow through this The Progress Bar on the Software Installation Stops or Stalls document, and hopefully it can resolve the issue.

Have a good one!!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation