09-10-2011 09:15 PM
I just bought a HP All-In-One Photosmart Premium and installed the softwares in my PC running Windows Vista.
When I clicked on the HP Solution Center, all I get is a blank screen. I uninstalled and installed again but I got the blank screen again. I am okay to print from wireless connection, just the Solution Center isn't working.
09-11-2011 01:46 AM
Please enter the Control Panel and uninstall the Adobe Flash Player.
Now download and install the latest flash version from Adobe site:
Reboot your PC and launch the HP Solution Center.
If the screen is still blank, enter the setup CD, launch the content by using Windows Explorer (Browse)
Enter Setup folder, then enter SolutionCenter folder.
You will find a file called SolutionCenter.msi - right click on it and then click Repair,
Reboot your PC and try opening the HP Solution Center,
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
08-16-2012 11:45 AM
I too have a problem with the solution centre on my Vista system. When I originally installed the printer (Photosmart 110 series) the solution centre worked fine but one day stopped working. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and tried the repair option to the msi file but it just says that the installation is not complete and to connect my usb lead. The upside is that the printer works ok!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS