10-23-2012 06:07 AM
I have a Photosmart C7250 printer which has been successfully functioning on my home network since I purchased it. Recently when I tried to open the solution center on my Dell XPS (Running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional) I received a message stating that it cannot run because the device is not fully installed. I have run every gambit of suggestions I can find to correct this over the last 2 weeks. I have been happy with HP products up until now. If I cannot get a solution for this I am seriously considering going to another all-in-one but moving away from HP.
10-24-2012 10:19 AM
You will need to uninstall all of the software, and re-install the softwawre, either from the CD, or website.
If you choose to downoad drivers and software from the website, choose (FULL FEATURE SOFTWARE)
1. Cick START MENU
2. Choose ALL PROGRAMS
3. Choose HP folder
4. Choose the photosmart printer, and click UNINSTALL
Let me know if this helps, thanks.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS