HP Solution Center (14426 Views)
Tutor
WSeward
Message 1 of 14 (14,426 Views)

HP Solution Center

I have the HP 6310 Printer/Scanner/Fax that utilizes the HP Solution Center and each time I try to launch the center I get an error message "No HP devices have been detected. HP Solution Center will close now". I've had this error message for about a month without a solution.

My operating system is XP.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill Seward

Teacher
lured3nem
Message 2 of 14 (14,472 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center

first try to restart the printer, then open solution center

if the above solution wont work, try this

-upgrade to CUE 12

1. download CUE 12 software - download full feature software and driver fo c6380

2. install the software - for any connection - use usb connection during the installation

3. once the wizard will ask you to connect usb, just check the check box to cnnect usb cable later and continue the installation

4.will take time in 94% or 96%

5.once installed - try to use solution center again

Tutor
WSeward
Message 3 of 14 (14,467 Views)

Lured3nem,

Thank you for the follow up.

What is cue 12 and how do I access the file?

Is that file truely compatable with an HP6310 printer which happens to be networked not usb supported. 

Thanks

Bill Seward

Teacher
lured3nem
Message 4 of 14 (14,456 Views)

CUE 12 or Version 12

-for this process you are going to install the softwares only not the driver

-for you to do this, once the wizard will promt you to select connection, select usb and then once the wizard will promt you connect the cable just check the checkbox to connect later so that only the softwares will be installed not the driver.

Teacher
lured3nem
Message 5 of 14 (14,453 Views)

download the CUE 12 software first

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3560280&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

click the link above and select your operating system and then select the full feature software and driver, click on download only, then save

-after the download click on run and then install - follow instructions above

Tutor
WSeward
Message 6 of 14 (14,435 Views)

lured3nem,

Thanks again!

I downloaded and ran the program. It basically couldn't aquire the IP address for the printer. I manually entered the IP address witout ant resolution. But whats strange is I can print to the printer from the PC. Remember the operating system is XP with a network printer. The IP ddress is 192.168.1.104......

Any suggestions

Bill Seward

Teacher
lured3nem
Message 7 of 14 (14,409 Views)

install the the original software first, once installed, install the CUE 12, and remember install the CUE 12 as usb... once the wizard will ask you yo connect usb just check the check box to connect later... it will automatically upgrade your current CUE to CUE 12...
Tutor
WSeward
Message 8 of 14 (14,390 Views)

lured3nem,

Re: hp 6310 all in one printer on networked XP system

Thanks again.

I went throught the HP - Photosmart C6300 Series set-up and click USB vs network. Everything went fine click onto the solution senter and it opened. The solution center software saw the printer because it returned the ink indicater. The installation software created an icon called "Add a device - Photosmart C6300 series. I click onto that icon to setup up the connection type by clicking ont othe "Through the network" vs USB. THe nit searched for network printer and doesn't find the printer.

I enter the IP address in advance search without any results. But I can print to the printer. What's going on I'm confused?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill Seward

Student
moglee
Message 9 of 14 (14,349 Views)

yes it means your software has not been installed properly. so insert installation disc for printer and run add a device. issue will be resolved.

Teacher
lured3nem
Message 10 of 14 (14,373 Views)

delete the add a device shortcut on your desktop... you are not going to use that bec thats for the c6300 printer

-use the software or cd of the printer you have to add a device, to install your wireless printer driver

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation