Question

Top Student
DC7700p
Message 1 of 4 (257 Views)

HP Solution Centre will not run with Vista

Hi,

I have upgraded to Vista Business from XP Pro and HP Solution centre will not open. I am using an HP Dekjet F380  and HP Designjet 430. The F380 is connected by USB and the 430 by Serial port.

Everytime I  run HP Print and Scan Docter and check the Scan section it fails at Registry.

Solution Centre opening screen flashes up very briefly and then nothing when I select the Desktop icon

I can scan from Photoshop ok and also print etc from Office.

I have unloaded and reloaded the Solution Centre software and also Adobe Flashplayer 12 several times to no avail.

I have also looked at the drivers and I think one of them is missing however I don't know how to resolve this.

Any help would be appreciated

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 4 (224 Views)

Re: HP Solution Centre will not run with Vista

Hi DC7000p,

I saw your post regarding your problems with the printers. I will be happy to help. I'm not sure if you uninstall your software before you upgraded or not but let's get rid of it all and do a clean installation. Here is a link to a document regarding a Fatal Error but the first step will show you how to do a Level 3 uninstall. This will get rid of all the HP software.

Once that is done reinstall the software from the two link below.

Deskjet F380 Software

Designjet 430 Software

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
DC7700p
Message 3 of 4 (191 Views)

Thanks for the help so far, unfortunately no success.

I've tried an L3 uninstall several times, reloaded carefully however when finished Solution Centre message says 'no HP devices have been detected' even though the printer is correctly installed in the printers folder and works with Word, Photoshop etc.

There are an awful lot of 7z folders in my temp folder 10 of which have Uninstall_L3 programmes in the ccc folder. I have tried several.

I did have Vista fax printer that installed with the Vista programme, also, Cutepdf printer, both have been deleted.deleted.

Is there anything else I can try?

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 4 of 4 (182 Views)

Hi DC700p,

Let's start by deleting all the files your in your Temp folder and uninstall the software again. Then make sure that you have deleted the Solution Center icon on your desktop. Sometimes in Vista it has a tendency to linger even through the software has been removed so when you reinstall the software it doesn't give you a new icon. Then reinstall the software from the there.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation