Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You're welcome - I'm not trolling, this caused me countless hours of frustration.  When you pay good money for a product, you expect a high-profile company like HP to stand behind their stuff, not hold you up for a fix because its ten minutes out of warranty. 

HP Recommended

Amjen, to that.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem now

Can you give me a int please how did you sorted this out?

Thank you,

Zsuzsa

HP Recommended

It was sorted out with a lot of effort....what model of printer do you have and what is the operating system of your PC?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Nothing that HP provided had any affect, but when I dug out the ink cartridge vent, I got ink.  That lasted about 10 pages, now it is acting like it is empty. The hp print doctor report says the black cartridge if essentiall full, but the black print on paper is a shade lighter the light grey.  My guess is that I need to go in and re-ream the vent. Nothing else seems plausable, It takes a pin or a # 40 drill.

HP Recommended

I bought a Brother

HP Recommended

My printer is the HP OfficeJet 6000 Model 609a, using 920 XL Ink. For my purposes, HP has no business using any kind of gum anywhere near the cartridge vent. How knows, their printers might perform flawlessly  if it wern't for the gum on the cartridge vent. They might even be pretty good printers but how can we tell?  

HP Recommended

I see DrRedEye...so my purpose for asking the OS is that Solution Center (as suggested in the title)  is the name of the software used for scanning and printer utilities on older models.  

So your ink is fading?  Venting the area underneath the sticker is a good way to troubleshoot this besides using the printhead cleaning utility.  I'm not so much of an ink expert tho like @Ciara_B  is so maybe she will see this or if you are still having problems feel free to post any errors or error messages on the ink forums here for better assistance. Good luck!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

I had to reformat my hard drive.  I was able to successfully install my printer to where it will print on Window's 7 64 bit.  However, I am in desparate need of Windows Solution Center so that I can scan and fax as well.  I have done everything that was mentioned in this message to no avail.  I even ordered the software from HP for Windows 7, but it will never get past 1% extracted.  Please advise. I have a Photosmart C6180 All In One Printer. 

HP Recommended

I have done everything that was mentioned in your notes, to now avail. I have even ordered the Software from HP, but it will not go past 1% extraction.   I just need HP solutions center so that I can scan and fax.  I have successfully set the printer up to print on the wireless network.  Please advise. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.