Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There's nothing wrong with the printer. The problem I have is with "HP Solution Center" that I cannot install in order to be able to scan just by pressing the front panel button, as I used to do.

Every time I run the AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe I got in the HP download page, it stops with the message "The system cannot find the find specified."

Thanks for replying.

HP Recommended

It sounds like there is a file left over in the registry. Revert to message 115 by pcwizard on steps to clean out the PC.  If you need any more assistance I will need to know the operating system of your PC (Windows XP, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8, etc) before I will be of much help. 

You can still scan using Windows Fax and Scan in the meantime.

I hope this helps.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended
Yes. Nothing prevents me from scanning that way.
When I try to assign a task to the button, it shows something like "no application found'.
I supposed the title above "Windows 7 64-bit" was sufficient, so I did not make further reference to the system.
The steps mentioned on message 115 were those I went through with no success, as I said there.
Thanks for replying
HP Recommended

Are you able to open Solution Center at all? I am not sure I am totally understanding your problem. If you ran through those steps and that didn't work, make sure all the printer software is completely uninstalled and create a second user account from the control panel with admin rights, install the printer software on that user instead using the correct download from the website and if Solution Center installs, you have to enable Scan to Computer or setup your Scan to buttons in Solution Center to initiate a scan from the printer.

HP Recommended
No. I can not open "Solution Center", as I said before.
I was quite sure, by following all steps mentioned in message 115, that all HP stuff was removed.
That - create another admin user - I did not do.
I'll do it and will be back to you.
Thanks for replying
HP Recommended

Sorry I am not completely awake just yet but do keep me posted if that works.  Is this printer connected USB or wireless?

HP Recommended

It is connected via USB and, for some reason, at a given point - which I cannot relate to any kind of software or hadware installation, except Windows updates - the front panel button stopped activating the scanner.

When I noticed that, I did not take immediate action. Some days later, I tried some system restore points with no success.

Then I removed the installation and downloaded the file AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe.

When I got sucessive errors I found your post and followed the steps of message 115.

That's the story!

Thanks for replying.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick responses.  Here, hopefully the link below will be of better assistance.

--The system cannot find specified files--

HP Recommended

In fact, I went through all that. Still the same error.

I will be back after trying via another user with admin permissions.

Thanks for replying.

HP Recommended

Remember to make sure you are selecting the correct operating system (as I am sure you are but just in case) and here is the download for the PSC 1315 Full Feature Software and Drivers for Windows 7 64-bit.

Make sure your Adobe Flash Player is up to date as per this thread

Another thread for you to check out - which reminds me, which file is the installation saying it can't find?

Final suggestion in this link.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.