Question

Student
Brobb69
Message 1 of 6 (128 Views)

HP Solutions Windows 7 stopped working.

HP Solutions on my Presario suddenly stopped working and I can no longer scan, etc.  The program will not open at all.

Tutor
Carlspaulding
Message 2 of 6 (121 Views)

Re: HP Solutions Windows 7 stopped working.

Same thing happened to me.   I've uninstalled and reinstalled HP Solutions and it won't start

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 3 of 6 (115 Views)

Brobb69 wrote:

HP Solutions on my Presario suddenly stopped working and I can no longer scan, etc.  The program will not open at all.

Hey Brobb. Try running the HP Print & Scan Doctor to see if it is able to resolve the issue or possible provide an error message with some more details. Let me know if the Doctor helps solve any problems and if not we can go from there.

Thanks

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Tutor
Carlspaulding
Message 4 of 6 (112 Views)

Hi, Sean

HP Print and Scan Doctor reports that everything is OK.   But HP Solutions Center won't start, it reports:

HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.  Please plug in the USB cable or re-run the setup program from the installation CD for a network installation.  If this does not complete the installation, or you do not have the CD, access the HP help files by clicking the Start menu.

So, I try to install my HP All-in-one 7400 again (even though it is printing just fine) and the HP softgware installation download reports:

Printer setup has failed to complete.  Click Retry to try installing the printer again or click Next to continue installation without connecting to the printer now, I will connect later.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled everything -- no change.

The only significant event that occurred for me between HP Solutions Center software working and now not working is that I upgraded IE 8 to IE 9, after having problems removing malware from my browser (babylon.exe)

Tutor
Carlspaulding
Message 5 of 6 (109 Views)

I thought I had uninstalled and reinstalled the printer before I submitted this support forum request. However, I went back and tried again, this time using the HP All-In-One Software to uninstall EVERYTHING. I also disabled my Symantec anti-virus software during the uninstall, reboot, and reinstall process.

Net - the second time worked. I seem to be problem free!

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 6 of 6 (102 Views)

Awesome! Sometimes it does take multiple attempts to remove all the software, and although those anti-virus softwares can be helpful, they also can be a pain sometimes. Glad to hear you got it running. If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Take care,

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation