Question

Honor Student
Umwell
Message 1 of 4 (927 Views)

HP Toolbox Command-line Print Head Cleaning

I'm trying to run a print head cleaning via the command line for an HP Deskjet 6940 printer. I can lauch the HP Toolbox with hpqtbx01.exe, but I can't find the appropriate parameters to specify in order to just run a cleaning without lauching the UI. I really prefer to run this in 'silent' mode since this is going on an embedded system and I don't want our customers to have access to all the functions available in the HP Toolbox.

The commandline syntax for HP Toolbox is:

hpqtbx01[.exe] printerfriendlyname [/silent] [/run pluginname [/cmd argument]]

For the print head cleaining, I think I need to specify "ServicesPlugin" for pluginname, but the argument to use with /cmd is a mystery. Will someone please reply with the available parameters for the print head cleaning functions, including both the light and deep cleaning? Even better, a fully documented list of plugin names and cmd arguments would be really great, in case I need to expose additional Toolbox functions to our customers.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 4 (886 Views)

Re: HP Toolbox Command-line Print Head Cleaning

Hi Umwell,

I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
keendog
Message 3 of 4 (666 Views)

did you ever get a set of paramters/command line snips from HP? Saw a post where you were trying to do the very same thing I need to do. 

Honor Student
Umwell
Message 4 of 4 (654 Views)

Unfortunately, no answers to my request were ever provided. Quite disappointed in the support received here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation