10-28-2009 11:45 AM
Does anyone know if the HP Universal Printer Driver (HP UPD) supports USB local printers, without the need for the specific model printer driver?
When I search the HP UPD feature guide, administrator's guide, etc, there are references to USB local device support but usually mentions using a traditional install or adding to Recent printers, but does not really mention the need for the specific driver.
It seems that the HP UPD is really designed for network printer support and management while supporting local printer connections, assuming that a specific model printer driver is installed?
I am attempting to install the HP UPD on my t5730 XPe thin client with a HP Officejet 6310 AIO printer. I have tried Traditional Mode and Dynamic Mode but always prompted to install new drivers. I did force it once and a print job seemed to send but the pages just printed blank, indefinitely.
Could anyone comment on how I should use the HP UPD driver with my USB printer or if any value it may bring for local use only?
12-20-2009 01:55 PM
I also tried to install the universal driver.
It seems that it you can set the 'port' to USB but I have yet to figure out how to make it print.
ATI and NVidia can make universal drivers work, why cant HP?
09-24-2012 12:54 AM
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS