HP deskjet 840c driver for Windows 7 not found (1025 Views)
Honor Student
mitchan14
Message 1 of 4 (1,025 Views)

HP deskjet 840c driver for Windows 7 not found

Hello!

I have a problem with my HP deskjet 840c printer.

It is connected to a computer with Windows XP, and it is shared with another computer with Windows 7.

The computer with Windows 7 recognizes the printer, but when it tries to connect with the printer and download the driver from windows update, it gives an error message. It is impossible to find a driver.

I have tried to search the driver in HP's official site, but it says that for this printer is enough connect it to the computer and windows update will find the driver automatically (but it is not true!).

How can I solve the problem?

I apologize if my English is not correct.

Thanks

Teacher
pctech33
Message 2 of 4 (1,017 Views)

Re: HP deskjet 840c driver for Windows 7 not found

Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.

Message 3 of 4 (1,006 Views)

Done.

I connected the printer directly to the computer with w7, by USB, as suggested by hp.com.

The computer found the driver and install the printer correctly.

But when I re-connect the printer to the computer with xp and try to use it from w7, it says that the driver was not found!

I don't know what to do.

Honor Student
mitchan14
Message 4 of 4 (999 Views)

Ok, I have solved the problem.

The answer is here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/thread/bd43f9f6-e231-484f-a3b8-e06afeee7...

I created a local port with the address of the shared printer (\\computerxp\printername).

Then windows 7 ask you to select the model of the printer from a list and connect it automatically.

It was very easy :smileyhappy:

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation