08-16-2012 08:25 AM
I have a problem with my HP deskjet 840c printer.
It is connected to a computer with Windows XP, and it is shared with another computer with Windows 7.
The computer with Windows 7 recognizes the printer, but when it tries to connect with the printer and download the driver from windows update, it gives an error message. It is impossible to find a driver.
I have tried to search the driver in HP's official site, but it says that for this printer is enough connect it to the computer and windows update will find the driver automatically (but it is not true!).
How can I solve the problem?
I apologize if my English is not correct.
08-16-2012 10:25 AM
Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.
Life is too serious to be taken seriously
08-17-2012 02:52 AM
I connected the printer directly to the computer with w7, by USB, as suggested by hp.com.
The computer found the driver and install the printer correctly.
But when I re-connect the printer to the computer with xp and try to use it from w7, it says that the driver was not found!
I don't know what to do.
08-17-2012 07:52 AM
Ok, I have solved the problem.
I created a local port with the address of the shared printer (\\computerxp\printername).
Then windows 7 ask you to select the model of the printer from a list and connect it automatically.
It was very easy
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS