HP has a bad name and NO SUPPORT (1143 Views)
Intern
rhondahendricks
Message 1 of 10 (1,143 Views)

HP has a bad name and NO SUPPORT

Have been working with hp support for 2 weeks. They have had me download their shabby win 7 software 9 times now. This 7280 was fine and then the scanner quit. Everything  else works perfectly. The HP techs are so lame they ask for my observations after the stupid steps they send me in circles and then do not even accknowldge them . The scanner does not have a connection to the computer most of the time. although you hear it run.

Downloading software is not the issue and solves nothing TECHS!

I have had at least 8 techs now and they have resolved nothing. The last tech talked to me like I am a moron having me check my plug and etc.which means they are using very uneducated tech in their so called ADVANCED SUPPORT and have gotten NO WHERE.. I have printed out all thier sensless replies to me and i would like to send them to their heads. I do believe that HP needs to clean house because I have seen and experienced the CUSTOMER NO SUPPORT AND THE COMPLAINTS ALL OVER THE INTERNET. DELL is no better. i have a messed up brand new computer.

Yeah i am ticked off i paid hundreds of dollars for this printer and if this is how HP is I want no part of them.

Intern
turleym
Message 2 of 10 (1,135 Views)

Re: HP has a bad name and NO SUPPORT

Try this - The fix for me was here, very first entry - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-and/After-Windows-7-upgrade-Printer-is-inst... .

The key is to delete the HP printers showing in the "Installed Printer Drivers" showing in "Printer Server Properties" as indicated.  I am now printing and scanning on a C6180 under Win 7 x64 with the latest HP Full installation.

Intern
luddy
Message 3 of 10 (1,066 Views)

HP hasn't a clue about how to support Win7.  after countless hours with support via chat and on the phone including tier 2 and a manager, I have given up.  Their last claim was I would receive an email with my solution which of course never came.   I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HP PRODUCT IN MY LIFE.  My All in one J6480 will print but it cannot scan due to errors from 2 different Win7 machines, one x86 the other x64.  Both throw the same error but with a different code.  Both these mahcines worked fine when running Vista.  Clean Win7 installs on both.  Existing Vista and XP machines still work fine.

GET A CLUE HP.

Honor Student
sparrow2004
Message 4 of 10 (1,046 Views)

Just a thought, but it may not be all HP's Fault.  Win 7 is basically a rehash of Vista packaged a bit differently from what I have seen so far.  Remember driver support was somwhat lacking when MS first released Vista and It took a while for third party venders to get their drivers up to speed.  That's not to say that HP isn't culpable.  Their Driver Installation packages tend to be clompy at best.  I have just tried to install drivers for a photosmart 309a for a client and everything seemed to go fine until I tried to setup the fax function and got a pop-up asking for the location of the msi installer.  And this is after I got the Installation complete screen and after registering the product and the hp solution center pops up for the first time.  It's pretty sad when you own installer forgets the folder where it unzipped all the installation files to.  Basically what I see is a bad combination--MS Windows 7 and dodgy HP software--easy to screw up and hard to fix.  If the HP techs don't have a clue, well  MSW 7 isn't exactly an open book.  Go Figure.  Probably why I still run XP pro and use Epson printers.

Intern
luddy
Message 5 of 10 (1,042 Views)

On a WinXp machine and Vista machine (Sp2) so it had been out awhile, I had to copy the Solution Cneter MSI folder to my desktop on 2 machines because if you messed with Flash, the HP installer tried to launch when starting Solution center and it couldn't find the install files.  LOL...SOS

Intern
luddy
Message 6 of 10 (1,024 Views)

Bump.

Top Student
cafeolai
Message 7 of 10 (984 Views)

I must say I am not inpressed by hp support ..

I bought a pavilion tx2130ea for £600  and as soon as the guaranty is expired , no one to help..

I requested the HP windows 7 upgrade , they cheched my laptopo and said that it is upgradable.

I then purchased the upgrade , and the first step of the install says 'fail' , without any other information .. pathetic.

now trying to get to talk to somone at HP .. never mind .. waste of time  .. and money ..   If I had know , I wouldn't have bought that stupid machine that keeps crashing every day.

I am running Vista Home Premium that came with the laptop.

I thought may be it a a program i installed since , I then reset the machine to factory setting with the backup cd's i created at first .

Same error.

I despare ..  I can tell you that this HP laptop is the first HP machine that I ever bought ( I m a Dell lover )  and it is the LAST ONE ....  NEVER AGAIN  !!

now if anyone has any idea why the HP WINDOWS 7 Upgrade fails on HP Pavilion tx2130ea , please give a shout !!

Thanks

Tutor
daledoc1
Message 8 of 10 (971 Views)

All:

I feel your pain -- been through similar scenarios with multiple HP All-In-Ones on several PCs & laptops over the years, running XP, Vista, and now 7.

It can be SO frustrating!

I've had my 7410 for several years now and it has moved from 2 XP SP3 platforms (desktop and laptop) to a Vista Ultimate 32 desktop (still works fine), and I actually installed it all on my Win7 (32) laptop 2 months ago.

Even on a HSI connection, I've always been squeamish to download massive software/driver packages for installation, and the HP packages are HUGE.  Just seems like some little imperceptible hiccup during download could corrupt some file somewhere.

So, I've always spent the ~$10 or so to order the CD of the current version.

And I try to allow the computer what often seems like a LONG time to properly install everything, shutting down other applications and processes.

Although I had to uninstall/reinstall once on the new laptop after installing a 3rd-party security suite (b/c of an error message with the "solution station" after an originally successful install), the current software/drivers are working fine on my Win 7 (32) laptop, to which it is networked wirelessly. (Thus far, I haven't needed the patch for the missing scans, either. <crosses fingers>)

My new Win 7 (**64***) desktop arrives this week to replace the Vista (32) desktop.

I'm a bit anxious about it, given all the recent "bad press", but I hope that the successful install on the Win 7 (32) laptop bodes well.

Anyway, I know that it totally s*cks to consider it, but you might try uninstalling the HP software 1 more time, & then using a utility such as Revo Uninstaller to fully remove any traces, followed by a clean install of the software from a clean, hard copy CD from HP (as opposed to just burning the downloaded files to a CD).

Just a thought.

daledoc1

daledoc1
------------------------------
Officejet Pro 8600 Premium (USB-main DT & wireless-LT)
Officejet 7410 (USB-old DT & wireless-LT) - still working fine!
Honor Student
sarahdavid5
Message 9 of 10 (936 Views)

I have to agree.  But since they sell umpteen thousand units daily, we are just in their noise.

Master's Graduate
SandyD
Message 10 of 10 (934 Views)

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. If you have feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

SandyD
HP Support Forums Moderator

• Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

• When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation