12-23-2009 02:39 AM
I cannot seem to get G85 to work with Win 7. If I choose it as a default printer it will carsh Word 2007. Windows Update cannot seem to get the correct driver. HP site reers to Windows Update. Please help!
12-23-2009 04:44 AM
Probably not much help, since I encountered no problems: Upgraded a ThinkPad with 32 bit Vista Ultimate to 32 bit Win 7 Home Premium, so performed a "clean install". I was **bleep** about following the recommendations from the Win 7 evaluation package, including removing a lot of the manufacturer's software; then reinstalled only as much as I needed after the upgrade, including the BIOS update. I did not install the G85 software from HP's disc. Win 7 auto-recognized the G85 and set it as the default. I installed Office 2007 new, and everything has performed flawlessly for three weeks now.
11-11-2014 05:38 PM
I can't help you either. I reinstalled Windows 7 over the weekend and cannot get it to do the Windows Update download for the printer. The printer just sits there. Previously, I had installed from the HP site before they wussed out and let MS do their updates for them. Then it worked great.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS