Question

Top Student
GeorgiaPat
Message 1 of 1 (209 Views)

HP1350 Windows XP Uninstall & Reinstall Concerns

I have used my HP1350 all-in-one for several years, and do quite a lot of scanning.  It is installed on my desktop computer, and a few months ago, I also installed it on my laptop. 

Perhaps it is a  coincidence, but I've had chronic problems since then.  One day the printer uninstalled itself from my desktop computer.  I could not find the installation disk, and (stupidly) installed the driver from HP.  It installed the basic driver which does not support the scanner or PDF conversion. 

Since then, I have found the disk, and have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall with the disk.   I  can use some advice about how to start from "scratch" and reinstall the driver and software properly.  I have backed up all of the images in "Image Zone"  to a jump drive, so I'm not concerned about losing them.  Since both of my computers are HP, I'm more concerned with deleting a file that will affect other HP functions.

What needs to be uninstalled before I go through the reinstall process?  Thanks for any advice.  I  don't want to do more damage than has already been done.. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation