02-03-2012 10:23 AM
I have used my HP1350 all-in-one for several years, and do quite a lot of scanning. It is installed on my desktop computer, and a few months ago, I also installed it on my laptop.
Perhaps it is a coincidence, but I've had chronic problems since then. One day the printer uninstalled itself from my desktop computer. I could not find the installation disk, and (stupidly) installed the driver from HP. It installed the basic driver which does not support the scanner or PDF conversion.
Since then, I have found the disk, and have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall with the disk. I can use some advice about how to start from "scratch" and reinstall the driver and software properly. I have backed up all of the images in "Image Zone" to a jump drive, so I'm not concerned about losing them. Since both of my computers are HP, I'm more concerned with deleting a file that will affect other HP functions.
What needs to be uninstalled before I go through the reinstall process? Thanks for any advice. I don't want to do more damage than has already been done..
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS