HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-27-2012 08:01 PM - edited 04-27-2012 09:01 PM
HP2610 multifunction printer, Windows 7
Installed latest full function printer software from HP website.
1. I wanted to send a fax from the computer but couldn't find the coverpage controls to put a message on the coverpage.
2. There is no fax preview button.
3. Fax quality options are Low-Medium-High but no Photo quality, although the Help says there should be a Photo quality option.
4. How do you import addresses? The Help says to use the Address book in Internet Explorer but IE does not have an address book.
This says to me the Windows 7 driver for this printer is very disabled compared to the XP driver which has these functions. The HP Director software which is in XP is also unavailable, is there a download for HP Director?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-28-2012 12:13 AM
Some of the HP Full Feature functionality has been changed:
Regarding your 1th question, the Fax Cover page feature no longer provided since version 7 of the HP Solution Center Software.
The Fax Preview option no longer available for newer models using the HP Solutio Center as well.
As well by testing Newer models, the highest Fax quality listed as High.
Regarding the 4th question, the Address book relies on Windows Contact:
- Click the Start button
- Type Contacts within the search bar, you will find the Contacts application
- Follow those steps to import contacts:
The HP Director is not compatible with Windows7, the HP Solution Center is the only software version available for your printer for Windows 7.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution
04-29-2012 12:07 PM
Many thanks for these answers. Too bad some of the functions have been eliminated. As for the Contacts, thanks for that, I did not know there was a Contacts folder on my computer. What would I do with a brain if I had one?