Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have seen 6-7 people with the same problem, this process running and then dissapearing every 5 secs. I don't have time to deal with these problems, so I hope HP give a solution now or I'll just return the printer to the shop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is a recent software release that corrects this behavior.

I would suggest going here to check for newer software for your hp printer: http://h20614.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmd/welcome.aspx?

For those users who might be experiencing similar behavior on a different product, new software was recently released for many hp inkjet printer products (corresponding with the release of Windows 😎 that corrects this behavior.

If a newer software release is available for your product, I would strongly suggest installing it.

Regards,  Kent G.

Kent G.
HP Retired, however my posts and replies are my own, not HP's.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69
HP Recommended

Have the same problem here with HPNetworkcommunicator.exe cycling every 5 seconds

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem. I'm wondering if this is just a normal function and is trying to communicate with my wireless HP printer (which is off). I guess I'll have to play with the system and see if it persists.

HP Recommended

I'll tell you guys what I found out, I can change the name of HPnetworkcommunicator but then I cant print using wireless(which I absolutely need).

I recall having the printer on made it find it and the message went away, but having the printer all the day on...

And my *temporary* solution, I have different computer sessions at this computer, and I can print from them without this cycling, only the session where I installed the drivers has this problem. So I had to move all my stuff to a different session...

I'm not sure why, and it's not an optimal solution so I hope the software for the printer is upgraded or we're explained how to fix it.

I have no idea why the different sesion thing works, I hope someone finds out.

HP Recommended

They don’t seem to care about their customers! I spent two hours discussing this issue with the tech line and several layers of management and the result was.... "We consider this a minor issue and it’s not a priority to fix".

Can you believe an attitude like this from a major company in this global economy?! I asked them why there has been no communication from them on the forums to all the people who are experiencing this issue and the response was ....... wait for it....... "We have known about this issue since September, we don’t have any solution and we don’t know if anyone is even working on it”........ @#$$@!!!!

I told them that I will be returning my printer a.s.a.p. because why should I be loyal to a company or product that has ZERO respect for me.  I have purchased nothing but HP printers at home or work for over 20 years but it looks like that’s about to change.

Does anyone know where I can get the email for Meg Whitman? I’d love to send her a copy of this …

HP Recommended

This Dutch buyer will return his Photosmart 6510 to the shop because of the HPnetworkcommunicator.exe problem and the ignorence of HP.

Never again HP

HP Recommended

i have a HP Deskjet 3070 B611a series

with  HPNetworkCommunicator.exe it is creating  22.000 network connection

i have crashed the program and i can still print in wifi
i think iam going to disable it in xp registry
here's the report
HP Recommended

Hello All,

I have taken this on as a personal project and am trying to find an answer to be able to solve this problem for you all. I have been experimenting with various printer models and have yet to be able to recreate this problem, but I think I may have found a somewhat acceptable work-around to help alleviate the problem until a permanent fix is found.

I'd like someone who is having the problem to try a couple of things for me.

First, try disabling scan to computer. This can be found by double clicking your printer icon then clicking 'Manage Scan to Computer" then the disable button.

Close the software after you disable this. (hpnetworkcommunicator will run 'on demand' if the computer is trying to communicate with the printer, so make sure the software is closed and you're not trying to scan/print when you check task manager.)

At this point, it should only be present when you are doing something that requires the computer to communicate with the printer.

Is hpnetworkcommunicator still popping on and off?

If it is, take it a step further, disable scan to computer AND uncheck the box that says 'Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows'

Again, make sure the printer software is closed and you're not doing anything with the printer before you check the taskmanager.

I'm very interested in hearing results from people that are experiencing this prolem. Please let me know what happens, also what model printer you have and your computer's OS.

Of course, you will not be able to scan from the printer's control panel (still should be able to start a scan using the HP software) but as far as I can tell, everything else should still work.

Thanks,

Aaron

*Disclaimer: I'm an HP employee, but anything I post here is solely my personal opinion/advice. HP does not officially endorse or support any advice I may give. I speak for myself only, not for HP.

I am an HP employee, but the information I have provided is my own personal opinion/advice based on the information provided and not necessarily the official word of HP.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left. If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

I have just installed HP Photosmart 5514 on a Laptop running Windows Vista (32 bit, x86), and I am experiencing the same problem with HPNetworkcommunicator every 20 seconds or so.  I tried your suggestions of disabling the scan to computer, and automatically start scan when I log on to windows.  The problem still exists.  I would like to uninstall the HP software and driver, how do I do this ?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply,

Followed the steps and the problem persists...

8600 pro

I7

16 ram

windows 7 64

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.