Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@BHK6 wrote:

Hi Gherpelli,

After you go into the 7zS7548 then go into the util folder and then into the ccc folder and you should see it in there.

Thank you,

After all the mentioned folder does not exit!

into folder "utils" i look x64 and x86 folders...

in x64 (my case) I found a application named "RemovePreinstalledDrivers"... I execute instead of uninstall_l3.bat... but the final result is the same... not work!

HP Recommended

Hi Gherpelli,

Not sure why that file isn't showing up. I will have to experiment with the software on a computer here. The model you are using is for Latin America but I will see what I can find.

While, I do that I have found a potential walk around that might work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/hp-network-communicator/m-p/1160329/h...

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@BHK6 wrote:

Hi Gherpelli,

Not sure why that file isn't showing up. I will have to experiment with the software on a computer here. The model you are using is for Latin America but I will see what I can find.

While, I do that I have found a potential walk around that might work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-Home-Networking/hp-network-communicator/m-p/1160329/h...

Thank you,

The solution you indicate is only the disable... is my situation while no final solution is found.

I don't remember if I say... I using windows 8.1 - 64 - Portuguese... and the file and subfolder you mentioned do not apper in any computer I try... (new instalation or upgrade).

Could the archieve "uninstall_l3.bat" be found in other place (public place - for download)???

HP Recommended

Hi Gherpelli,

The level 3 uninstall that I was working for isn't available on that printer as it is a newer model. I thought it was right at the cutoff for that software. The Networkcommunicator.exe should only kick in if there is an issue with the printer being connected. How is the printer connected wireless or via USB? If the printer is wireless we are going to look at setting up a static IP Address.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

To re: cap may problem was that the software on my laptop continuously searches for the printer when I am not in my office. Its perfect when it can find it wirelessly.

i am dissapointed that this did not get fixed,

I just enable and disable the 'Manage scan to computer' and the problem goes away for me.

HP Recommended

using wifi....

I am disappointed with the difficulty in solving this problem.

I'm keeping discussion forum American and Brazilian and what I do is ask the same thing over and over again!

Informed on this forum do not have access to unininstall_l3 and insisted that I was wrong.

Is there anybody here who knows what they are doing or are only "trying"? 

"Mater's Graduate" in what?!?!?

HP Recommended
this is the end?
HP Recommended

I am also having this problem. Iam running Windows 8.1 on my HP Envy machine and have an HP Photosmart 7520. I keep getting "driver not communicating" when I attempt to use the scanner from an application on "classic" Desktop. Scan to Computer service is not working and I am getting thousandsof error messages from HPNetworkcommunicator.exe.

Message Reads:

85906398583       4       APPCRASH       Not available       0       HPNetworkCommunicator.exe       28.0.1315.0       507e96b6       ntdll.dll       6.3.9600.16502       52c359e8       c0000005       0000000000040fdd                       C:\Users\wplow_000\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6A06.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml       C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_HPNetworkCommuni_1f565c25b2b6964bda1f7d81a9698dc1f43ad1e_77ef1292_17be6fc3               0       9a3f17b3-a09d-11e3-bed2-4c72b9f59b1b       0       0746f3c17ba301444954de3df7804f12

Had to define scanner as Windows Image device in order to scan to MSPrint or my IRIS ORC app.

It does work with the HP Scan and Capture app under the HP Printer Control app on the "Start Menu".

Any word on when this will be corrected?

Also, if I use printer, itself, in copy mode or fax mode I lose network communication and have to power down/up the Printer. Any thoughts on this.

HP Recommended

When I open my HP laptop I see a warning which is

Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the internet

HPNetworkcommunicator

.....deskjet 3050a j611 series/bin/hpcommunicator.exe

is suspected to infect your computer

It is telling me to run the exe is it ok to do this. 

I can not get rid of it.

HP Recommended

Disabling Scantocomputer worked for me.

I have a custom built desktop computer with Windows 8.1 attached by wire to my home router, and the HP Officejet 8500 pro All-in-One printer is configured as a WiFi device.

I don't have the same issue with our laptops, which are running Windows 10 and connect by WiFi.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.